Siamese lynx point

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
She probably has some siamese in her history since that's where the pointed pattern started, but she doesn't have the body or head type of the modern siamese cats.

I would call her a seal lynx point. Seal is the dark brown/black you see on her tail and ears. Lynx is the tabby pattern.
Without a known pedigree she is considered a Domestic Shorthair.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been told my kitten/cat is Siamese lynx point is this correct please?
Gorgeous baby. Without papers he is a seal lynx point, colorpoint, maybe blue. Keep in mind that the color point lynx point versions of siamese cats have been bred with American shorthair tabbies and I think British maybe as well. So they often don’t have the same facial structure as the original siamese. And pb siamese cats have three head/ body types. The extreme wedgies are not what the original traditional Siamese cats looked like. Look up Thaicats which is now an official breed. Many breeders claim the modern as the pb siamese standard but they were bred that way to get those looks. The extreme wedgies can unfortunately have some bad health issues and look more like oriental shorthairs. I love them all though❤