Showing Symptoms Already?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would bet it will be soon now! Just remember as long as she is relaxed, not crying overly long, and is not restless, she should be OK. Especially between kittens. If she strains and acts restless for longer than an hour when she starts contracting, give your vet a call. There will be some low cries, and you will see her contractions. Make sure the mucous/birthing sac is away from the babies nose, and she is stimulating it by licking it. Some mamas get very tired and you may have to help. Please keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would bet it will be soon now! Just remember as long as she is relaxed, not crying overly long, and is not restless, she should be OK. Especially between kittens. If she strains and acts restless for longer than an hour when she starts contracting, give your vet a call. There will be some low cries, and you will see her contractions. Make sure the mucous/birthing sac is away from the babies nose, and she is stimulating it by licking it. Some mamas get very tired and you may have to help. Please keep us posted!
She's actually very quiet....when I can feel a contraction she just purrs and starts to knead. Sometime her tail will start to flick. I don't think she very far into labor...

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She just had a strong one!! She was actually sleeping, than I saw her belly get hard and she kind of shifted and got into what I call the 'heat' pose. LOL Just waiting. Expecting for her to have the first one in the next hour or so!!!!!

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for cats not to pant when giving birth???She's not panting, but the contractions seem pretty strong

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes!! She had 4 beautiful kitties. Unfortunately, there were twins and one didn't make it. It died shortly after birth :( So now there are three

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was so sad...when momma saw the little one die, she did not take it well :( she was crying so we took it, but then she wouldn't go to her other little ones, so we gave it back, then she saw it and went to the rest of the litter and started nursing. I was so relieved!

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was actually quite surprised because I thought the labor had stopped. But at 12:00 am today she came to me and started meowing like she wanted something. Then she had a HUGE contraction but the whole time she was quiet and didn't make a noise until the very end!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy she is OK and has three beautiful little ones. I'll pray for the wee mite that didn't make it, I'm sure your heart broke a little when that happened. What bittersweet emotions! Give that mama a kiss for me, I wish the little family all the best!

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww! Thanks. I was heartbroken when the little one didn't make it, but I think I was more worried about mamma.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mama will be kept very busy and will soon forget. It is us that is left behind to remember. just immerse yourself in the wonder of new life, and enjoy those little blessings from heaven!

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The little ones!!! Two males and a female. The female is on the left (sorry, the image quality is bad) We've only named one so-far. The one in the middle's name is Teddy
sf+bshlitter.jpeg
2males.jpeg