Showing Symptoms Already?

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! On November 18th our queen went into heat and we sent her to the stud. They mated multiple times that night, but when she came back she was super tired. She slept most of the day and has been like this for the past week. At first, I figured she was up the whole night and didn't get much sleep at the stud. But now it has been one full week since she came back, and she is still sleeping. Is this normal? Everything I read says that symptoms of pregnancy start showing after the 15th day: pinking, lethargy etc. But she has also been eating a lot more than normal...I don't really see any change in her nipples (light pink maybe 2 or 3 mm long)...Is this normal? Thanks :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally start looking for pink nipples on the 21st day after breeding. If it's only been a week, you wouldn't expect to see a change in her nipples yet. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she had morning sickness a few days ago, and her nipples are hot pink. So I guess she's pregnant :) She is still sleeping a lot and eating a ton...but she is probably going to continue like that as she is in the second trimester now. Thanks for everything :)

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to know....momma kitty and her sister are extremely close...when she goes into labour, will it be okay to have her sister there with her or do you think that momma won't appreciate it? I know that related females sometimes will act as midwives and take care of each other's kittens...I just wanted you guys opinions :)

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is on day 52 and doesn't reject her sister. I'd say they are closer now than before she was pregnant. lol.

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: Her milk came in yesterday and she's been nesting like CRAZY:yess: Today is day 61 for her :)

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, she keeps following me around the house and laid in her birthing box for a while yesterday. All three are signs of impending labor!

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She had a bit of pinkish brownish discharge yesterday late at night when I wiped her, but none this morning. Is this normal? Her temperature dropped to 98.0 this morning so it can't be much longer :)

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing so far. She's just resting a sleeping. Her temperature is still 98.0 tomorrow is her due date.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
This is an exciting time in your and your kitty cats life!

I can’t wait to see the pics :lovecat2:

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She had a bit of bloody discharge that she licked away....is that normal? I know excessive bleeding is a sign of a problem, but it wasn't a lot:eek:

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok...I think she's in labor!!!!!!!!!:hyper: She's laying in her birthing box and has been having contractions. She purring and kneading. I think she lost her mucus plug, but not sure. As I stated before she had some stringy bloody discharge (pinkish in color). So excited!!!!!!!