Showing in dfferent Associations

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I started showing cats 14 years ago, I have shown primarily in the Cat Fanciers Association. I tried TICA once, with my first cat. I am thinking about taking Camie out to a TICA show and trying her out. There is a show about 70miles away from me in April. I am not sure how she would do - in CFA the Persians are split into color classes while in TICA all Persians are judged together. Could be VERY tough!

This is (CFA) Grand Champion Posiepurrs Camellia.
The photo is a professional photo done by Larry Johnson.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Camellia is a lovely girl.  The variables between CFA and TICA seem to be growing wider - TICA Persian and TICA Siamese categories especially.  If Camellia draws one of a couple of Judges who subconsciously "favour" pointed cats, her chances are diminished a bit.  For Siamese, assigning twelve points for the eyes gives certain cats - even cats who are two or three points back for colour and conformation - a distinct "weighted" advantage.

Caveat: That's strictly personal opinion.  I know so little about cats that I sometimes mistake them for throw pillows.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Best of luck to you and Camie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The show isn't until toward the end of April. I have to see if I can get the time off from work too. Hopefully, I can get the time off and go to the show. I haven't been to a show since early November so I am ready!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The show isn't until toward the end of April. I have to see if I can get the time off from work too. Hopefully, I can get the time off and go to the show. I haven't been to a show since early November so I am ready!
Gotcha! Camie probably enjoys all the attention from the judges and cat-adoring public. :) I hope all goes well!