Show Your Feline Furniture And Accessories!

Lavi

Dexter, the cat with a storm in his eyes
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

I'm a very curious person and I want to see the cat furniture you have in your house: trees, towers, condos, beds, etc
Where your cat (or cats) live, basically. Show your toys too !

I'm not going to be the first one in uploading photos of my installations because... It's messy and ugly. I'm going to buy a new cat condo really soon, when Gadget arrives home.
Right now I have a white (but now more like grey/brown-ish) tree. The typical faux fur one, that you can find anywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lavi

Young Cat
Purraise
basscat basscat , pardon my asking, i'm still new here.
Do.. Do you have a bobcat?

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
basscat basscat , pardon my asking, i'm still new here.
Do.. Do you have a bobcat?
Yeah.
He claws the metal floor grates and that scratching post in the photo.
The tabby claws the crap out of everything else. :lol:

We have built in open cabinets (high), and a balcony, stairs, toilet paper, toilet bowls, sinks, and trash cans.
Who needs cat trees and toys? :flail:

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are in need of new towers. I would love something that doesnt shed carpet all other the house. But the ones with material are so cheap and look so slippery. Was at petsmart yesterday and they are making the new ones so thin and flimsy.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise

I have another cat tree and two more little chairs. I have a couple of covered beds they like the little chairs more than the beds.

This is what I call covered beds.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesoooooooooooome  :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:
basscat basscat - well yeah obviously not a single thing I mentioned above can be of use for Gibs :lol:
Are you kidding? You used the phrase, "furniture you have in your house," in your first post. Gibs ate most of basscat basscat 's recliner, and we hear he's working on his second sofa. The only difference is that at his house, instead of the cat being on the furniture, the furniture is in the cat.

Lavi

Young Cat
Purraise
We are in need of new towers. I would love something that doesnt shed carpet all other the house. But the ones with material are so cheap and look so slippery. Was at petsmart yesterday and they are making the new ones so thin and flimsy.
Same struggle here, M momof3b1g
I've spent months looking for the best option. Some look really really cool but they were made by designers and they're very expensive.
That's why I've decided to buy a condo. It's adjustable and doesn't get so dirty with the time.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesoooooooooooome  :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:
basscat basscat - well yeah obviously not a single thing I mentioned above can be of use for Gibs :lol:
He could make a meal out of anything you mentioned. :lol:

He's surprisingly good with his claws and only scratches that sisal wrapped post. It's a 3ft long 4x4 post with a 10" square board screwed to each end. (barnwood was used for the ends). The post was coated with liquid nails glue and wrapped tightly with 3/8" sisal rope. (the ends were stapled to the post).
It's heavy enough that he can't move it.
When standing it "upright", I slide a corner of one of the ends under a sofa leg. That holds it upright securely. It was either that, or screw it to the floor.
You are correct though. Most of the cat furniture you find pre-made is pretty flimsy and has "plush" carpet on it. You can get sturdier and you can get different material and appearance. But, they start to get costly then.
I had a plan to custom make something fairly elaborate that fit our house décor, but, just haven't done it yet.

A few pics of his outdoors "accessories"

Lavi

Young Cat
Purraise

He's surprisingly good with his claws and only scratches that sisal wrapped post. It's a 3ft long 4x4 post with a 10" square board screwed to each end. (barnwood was used for the ends). The post was coated with liquid nails glue and wrapped tightly with 3/8" sisal rope. (the ends were stapled to the post).
When standing it "upright", I slide a corner of one of the ends under a sofa leg. That holds it upright securely. It was either that, or screw it to the floor.
You are correct though. Most of the cat furniture you find pre-made is pretty flimsy and has "plush" carpet on it. You can get sturdier and you can get different material and appearance. But, they start to get costly then.
I had a plan to custom make something fairly elaborate that fit our house décor, but, just haven't done it yet.

Look at him, he looks so happy :)
Did you build that yourself, basscat basscat ?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Materials cost: you don't wanna know.
Labour time: almost forever.
Yearly butcher's bill: don't even ask.
Bobcat Love: priceless.