Show Your " Closeup" Pics!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Renflox: Thank you. He was about 5 years old in that photo.  He's just turns 15 in July of this year.

Here's an updated picture of Luvbug.

And his girlfriend Lil' Jag. She just turned 11 at the beginning of August of this year.

This is one of the last photos I have of Kuce. She passed away in 2012 at 19.5 years of age.

I have/had 9 total. 4 have passed on to the RB and 5 are still living. I can post pics of the other 6 not shown here in this post if you like.

Last edited:

renflox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I have/had 9 total. 4 have passed on to the RB and 5 are still living. I can post pics of the other 6 not shown here in this post if you like.
I noticed that your post was made 10 years ago only after I had quoted it, I'm sorry to know Kuce passed away but she had a long life that was, I'm sure, full of happiness, she looks really pretty and fluffy on that photo. Lil' Jag is a lovely girl as well (those eyes!) but I have to admit that Luvbug has stole my heart, he looks majestic on that photo! He's gorgeous!
Please do share pics of your other cats! :)

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@renflox: Thank you.

Kuce did have a long and wonderful life. She was a rescue from our local kill shelter along with another cat we renamed Sphinx. Both were seniors - Kuce at 9 and Sphinx at 16 years. Kuce was softer in person then even the pictures show, almost as soft as Cashmere.

Lil' Jag's eyes are beautiful as is her smoky coat. Luvbug steals plenty of ladies hearts and he knows it. He is currently our oldest cat age wise but not in personality. He still thinks he is a kitten at times.

Here's the rest of the family, starting with the RB cats.

Dancing Bear. Passed away in 2011 at age 17 years. He was a go-getter, always underfoot and not afraid of people or dogs. He was also the largest cat structure wise, not by weight. His weight was normal for his size @ 17 pounds.

Sphinx. A rescue along with Kuce from our local kill shelter. He lived with us for 2 years before he passed at 18 years of age from cancer. He travelled very well in the car and nothing phased him, including a neighbors pit bull.

View media item 40342
Fang. Brother to Drooler. Passed away on June 19, 2015. He had immunity issues (not contagious), possibly from the Herpes virus and his body just gave out, not his mind. Also had thyroid issues. He was also always underfoot, very talkative, loving, very social (could have made a wonderful therapy cat) and travelled well. He was only 13 years when he passed.

Now for the cats that are still here as of today.

Drooler. Brother to Fang. He's very clingy and loyal to my mom. Always has been. He and his brother Fang were left behind when their previous family moved away taking the dog. Has CRF.

Buster (AKA Tux). 11 years old this year and a former semi-feral turned mostly inside cat. He's definitely starting to like the inside as he gets older.

Smudge. our current youngster at 6 years old. Just showed up at our residence as a1 year old and never left and no one responded to the found cat signs. Loves attention.

renflox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
greycat2 greycat2 It's sad knowing those cuties have passed but it's good to know you still have other cuties making you company.
They're all so pretty! And it seems like your cats live very long lives! Most people gets really impressed when they find out my cat is almost 11 years old, their jaws would drop to the floor if they knew how old your cats were when they passed.
Thanks for sharing the photos! :D

Last edited:

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@renflox. Thank you.

Guess I have been lucky with them living as long as they have. And here I thought 13 was a short time for a cat to pass on. My mom had one cat - possibly a Maine Coon or at the very least a Maine Coon cross that lived to be 18 years old back in the 1950's.  I have had people who where totally surprised that any cat lived to be over 10, let alone even 15 or older. It seems only pet lovers and people in the rescue sector aren't too surprised. I have seen a couple at a local no kill that reached 20 plus.

11 is still a youngster. Or at least to some here on the board. He looks great and doesn't seem anywhere near 11.

renflox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

@renflox. Thank you.

Guess I have been lucky with them living as long as they have. And here I thought 13 was a short time for a cat to pass on. My mom had one cat - possibly a Maine Coon or at the very least a Maine Coon cross that lived to be 18 years old back in the 1950's.  I have had people who where totally surprised that any cat lived to be over 10, let alone even 15 or older. It seems only pet lovers and people in the rescue sector aren't too surprised. I have seen a couple at a local no kill that reached 20 plus.

11 is still a youngster. Or at least to some here on the board. He looks great and doesn't seem anywhere near 11.
She's the only cat I've had so I don't/didn't know how old I should expect her to get. From what I've read online it seems that the average life expectancy of cats is between 10 and 15 years so I was quite impressed when I read that your Kuce was getting close to 20 years of age. I wish they could live much longer!
I have to agree that aside from pet lovers, people in general do not expect companion animals to live the longs lives they can actually live.

mysticdragon72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise