Show Us Your Rescues : Then and Now Photos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Everyone gets along well.
Thank you for taking them kitties in and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home and for giving them a safe sanctuary to live out their lives. Glad that they are so healthy now. Bless your heart.

CaribbeanAzure

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Thank you so so much. It means a lot. I never intended to have four kitties. In fact I was kitty-less for over four years after my baby Friskins passed away when she was 14. I had no intention of getting an animal ever again actually. But these guys needed a home.

We are full at Casa Kitty now and will make sure any future visitors find a safe place to go so they can be adopted by a family who loves them as much as I love mine.

Everyone is spayed and neutered and they are indoor kitties - as I mentioned we live in the country and there are coyotes that I hear outside often enough. Not to mention cars and foxes and other creatures.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! Such wonderful stories of lives saved and neglected babies blossoming into thriving and happy fur all’s of love! This is a great thread! Thank you for starting it tabbytom tabbytom
I do have my hands full here but fate was kind and the majority of that colony socialized and got adopted into wonderful homes. All left here healthy, spayed or neutered and vetted The remaining members are all spayed/neutered, immunized and well cared for with love. They are safe and have a forever home.
Tobermory Tobermory :) It is amazing to me to look back at the photos of BJ. He has given me great rewards for sharing his time outside. He won my heart immediately upon seeing him. I had no idea he would turn into a real clown and lover boy. He sill acts as security guard around here!:lol: I was later able to reunite him with some of his lady loves and a couple of his children and the bond they stil share is a beautiful thing I feel privileged to witness. Rescue rewards are huge!

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom Thank you so so much. It means a lot. I never intended to have four kitties. In fact I was kitty-less for over four years after my baby Friskins passed away when she was 14. I had no intention of getting an animal ever again actually. But these guys needed a home.
So
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Friskins :alright:

I, too, never intended to have any more pets when my last dog passed away as it was so heart breaking when you see them die but I have no choice but to save January and that's how I ended up with a cat after 20 odd years.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie's real rescuer is the woman who found him alone outside when he was two months old. She wasn't able to keep him, so I offered to take him. I took this photo the first night I had him-
charliefirstpic.JPG

He had a respiratory infection, but medicine and TLC cleared it right up. His behavior was a different story, but he's improved tremendously.
charlieuphigh.jpg

Selene had been in my local shelter since she was four weeks old. I don't know what led to her being there. This was her shelter pic-
seleneshelter.jpg

To this day, I can't believe no one wanted her. She's so pretty and loving.
selenesnuggled.jpg

charlieselenefriends.JPG

Last edited:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Charlie's real rescuer is the woman who found him alone outside when he was two months old. She wasn't able to keep him, so I offered to take him. I took this photo the first night I had him-
Selene had been in my local shelter since she was four weeks old. I don't know what led to her being there. This was her shelter pic-
I guess both Charlie and Selena were meant for you to adopt. That's where your heart is for them. Bless you.

Here is Fayola in the trap the night I caught her:
Great that you resued her and so that she can be administered with medications for her condition and we do hope she gets better. And oh my, her kittens are so cute! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily It’s so great to see the babies again after all that happened. Are they with the foster? They look fantastic! Soooo Precious! So does Fayola thanks to your love and attention.
Yes, they are still with the foster. I'm not sure when they'll be available for adoption.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Another rescue story:

One January cold early morning while my husband was on the way to a nearby church he saw a cat in the bushes and meowed softly at him. It was obviously freezing, very dirty and matted. My husband told himself that if that cat was still there when he returned from church that meant it was meant to be ours. So he came home that morning with my Barley.

This is the day when we first gotten him, while Bourbon was sizing him up:
8BACF853-0AE7-4EC0-9980-F10EA9237E0D.jpeg

Turned out he had ringworms, dental issues and a host of other problems. I remember carrying him from bed to the litterbox as he seemed to have gave up on life. I cannot imagine the harshness he must have faced living outside.
26ABDACB-CE48-4ACD-B0EF-762C2F361963.jpeg

My husband was hands on with giving him the meds and everything, right on the clock. They have become the best pals.

Barley is the kindest, gentlest cat I have known in my existence. We can put dogs, cats, birds in front of him and he readily accepts. He has never given me any troubles, always the pacifier among my cats. I always suspected he had a previous owner and was abandoned, as he is never afraid of humans, too trusting for his own good.

Barley just a couple of months later:
5DAF823E-8823-4ECF-81FE-0F96297831D6.jpeg

I love this boy to bits.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My husband told himself that if that cat was still there when he returned from church that meant it was meant to be ours. So he came home that morning with my Barley.
The cat was smart enough to wait for your husband's return and we thank your husband for taking Barley home and beef him up well :clapcat: Bless his heart!

Handsome boy! (I meant Barley, not your husband but I think your husband is good looking too :lol:)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Handsome boy! (I meant Barley, not your husband but I think your husband is good looking too :lol:)
Barley is a good-looking fella, but when he eats he knocks off his bowl and spills everything. We have to wipe his mouth and chin everytime because he is a dirty eater. LOL.

My husband is good-looking for me and to his mother as well. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wasn't Ruby's rescuer, and sometimes I think she rescued me, but here's what the shelter was able to tell me about her.

She'd been brought in to them by a woman who rescued Ruby from kids that were kicking her. :mad: Ruby was 2 or 3 at the time, and had yet to be spayed. She also had fleas, and likely worms. She had a wiggly eye. And 2 broken upper canine teeth, which needed to be extracted. She'd been waiting for her fur-ever home for over a month by the time I adopted her. By this time she had a kitty cold, so I had to put ointment in her eyes from the very first night. (once cleared up, it's never returned)

Ruby in the car on the way to her new home.
1575890310079.png

Exploring ...
1575890891221.png

The next day, helping her mama surf the net.
1575891129610.png

And this on her 6th Gotcha Day anniversary back on Nov. 13.
1575891225635.png

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I wasn't Ruby's rescuer, and sometimes I think she rescued me
Yes, you did rescue her. You rescued her from waiting any longer than a month in the shelter for a fur-ever hone and she repaid you by settling own so quickly and helping you surf the net. See how contended and thankful Ruby is?