Show Us The Whiskers

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny I had never noticed before that some kittens have very prominent eyebrows* (such as dustydiamond's Gypsy Post N°1 and Ileen's Luciano Post N° 20) while other kittens don't seem to have any (mamaafrica's Missy and her mother post N°36) in this thread.

* By "eye brows" I mean the poils over the eyes.

I have then looked at Cucumella's "in vivo". She does have them but they are almost imperceptible. Depending on the light it can look as f she didn't have any.

Last edited:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I participate in trivia nights & also online trivia & cats supposedly have 24 whiskers according to a trivia answer. I know Luciano has more than that, but I haven't ever been able to count them.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I realize that. I guess I always thought all those stiff hairs on the face counted as whiskers. Yes, Luciano's 'eyebrows' are quite prominent. I think part of it is contrast in color. If you have a black cat with black eyebrows, they won't really show up in photos, same with a white cat with white eyebrows. Luciano is mostly white, actually completely white on bottom, but on top he's mostly black and his whiskers & eyebrows are white so they really stand out. And he does have a lot. I've found 8-9 of them on the floor and his face is still loaded with them. I wonder how long it takes for them to grow back & if they shed at the same rate as fur.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny I had never noticed before that some kittens have very prominent eyebrows* (such as dustydiamond's Gypsy Post N°1 and Ileen's Luciano Post N° 20) while other kittens don't seem to have any (mamaafrica's Missy and her mother post N°36) in this thread.

* By "eye brows" I mean the poils over the eyes.

I have then looked at Cucumella's "in vivo". She does have them but they are almost imperceptible. Depending on the light it can look as f she didn't have any.
Missy has eyebrow hairs; 3 on each side. But the are only visible during sunset ;)

IMG_3448.JPG