Show Off Your Photography

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I finally got a good shot of our resident turtle, Harold. (Or, perhaps, Harriet.)
A neighbor just told me that Harold is a male Pacific or western pond turtle. I did some research, and sadly, he and his kind are in trouble. 🙁 As the West Coast's only native freshwater turtle, the western pond turtle is listed as endangered by the state of Washington, as “sensitive/critical” in Oregon, and as a “species of special concern” in California.

I guess we’re lucky to see him, but he’s out of place in this artificial lake with little chance of meeting a female of his species and reproducing.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
So sad. Is there another lake you could move him to?
I’d never be able to catch him. He never leaves the edge of the water, and if you get too close, he shoots into the water and disappears. Who knew turtles could move so fast?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Legoland much cooler place and more fun to visit than magic mountain, disney etc.

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I re-edited a photo of my husband walking on the beach at Sanibel Island. It was shot at dusk and the original was far too blue in tone. The camera was new to me then and I had not figured out all the bells and whistles. I like this version a lot better, the colors are more accurate.

tom.jpg