Show Off Your Photography

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll just say your sooo luckywith the variety of stuff you get to see/watch from just your yard only
I have a bird feeder 6 feet from my door so I only have to lean sideways from my computer desk to take a snap out the door at the variety of birds that come and go..its a busy little spot and Blue quite often sits on the table underneath and ignores the occasional bedlam that occurs over his head as the different birds fight for possession of the feeder..lol
When the rain stops and can get outside I will try and get a pic of a big Golden Orb spider we have in the garden for you.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bird feeder 6 feet from my door so I only have to lean sideways from my computer desk to take a snap out the door at the variety of birds that come and go..its a busy little spot and Blue quite often sits on the table underneath and ignores the occasional bedlam that occurs over his head as the different birds fight for possession of the feeder..lol
When the rain stops and can get outside I will try and get a pic of a big Golden Orb spider we have in the garden for you.
:lol:you read my mind haha

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Any advice or criticisms gratefully received.
Hope he does..lol
I would say that this is a pretty good shot. You have the bird framed between the leaves and the pole and have placed the eye of the bird in the third quadrant (rule of thirds) which capture the viewer's eye. Good composition.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say that this is a pretty good shot. You have the bird framed between the leaves and the pole and have placed the eye of the bird in the third quadrant (rule of thirds) which capture the viewer's eye. Good composition.
Thanks for that..it was a point, zoom and shoot, what I am setting the camera up for and quite pleased the way things are working with it.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever the camera is, good composition always highlight the subject, which is the subject of the shot.
Yep..your comments have dug up from the depths of memory of my early lessons many years ago from a photography class I did...long time ago..lol. I think you do come back instinctively without thinking to what you have learned.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yep..your comments have dug up from the depths of memory of my early lessons many years ago from a photography class I did...long time ago..lol. I think you do come back instinctively without thinking to what you have learned.
Yep, basics are very important. If you've learnt it well, it's hard to forget them.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, basics are very important. If you've learnt it well, it's hard to forget them.
This is the level I am wanting to get to, not just with cats but other wildlife as well.
This pic is by a friend of mine and an excellent opportunistic photographer and excels in action shots.

141754526_424428552139664_4434541063895486223_n.jpg

Have permission to post these so all legit.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If game misconduct agrees i will send pics on a PM to aviod the sounds of screaming and fainting bodies hitting the floor..lol
That's not necessary. Especially if it's a pic you're proud of. However, just remember to give plenty of warning, so those screams and fainting bodies can be avoided. :lol: