Show Off Your Photography

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Very nice tabbytom tabbytom Do you know a lot about birds? I'm impressed that you know the name of all the birds you photograph.

One of my cats managed to swat a bird out of the air the other day. I was able to grab the bird before she pounced on it. I think the bird was only stunned. I held her in my hands for a few minutes, then when I felt her move I open my hands and she flew away.

Such a good feeling. I hope the bird will be OK, even if the cat is furious with me.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Very nice tabbytom tabbytom Do you know a lot about birds? I'm impressed that you know the name of all the birds you photograph.

One of my cats managed to swat a bird out of the air the other day. I was able to grab the bird before she pounced on it. I think the bird was only stunned. I held her in my hands for a few minutes, then when I felt her move I open my hands and she flew away.

Such a good feeling. I hope the bird will be OK, even if the cat is furious with me.
I'm a birder. I shoot all local birds and migrant birds but now I've retired from birding :lol:

Yes, I i.d. every bird that I shoot and not only that, I i.d. insects and flowers and other stuffs if I managed to get hold of their names. It's a habit for for me so that I know their names and also it helps me to archive my photos.

Good thing your were faster than your cat, otherwise it'll be dinner for someone. There was once on my way home, I saw a beautiful bird which was quite rare to see it in the wild. Usually people keep them as song birds. So not sure this one escaped from the cage or was it a wild one but anyway, I rushed home and grab my gear and came back looking for the bird.

When I reached the spot, a cat was faster than me and he was already in prone position and ready to strike anytime. I quickly set up my camera and captured the whole ordeal. In the end, the bird lost to the cat.

The bird species is called 'Red-Whiskered Bulbul'. The cat and bird ordeal photos is stuck in my dead iMac drive and I'm showing you what type of bird the cat caught. I actually posted these two shots in this thread some time ago.

Red-whiskered Bulbul 20101009_0000.JPG

Red-whiskered Bulbul 20101009_0001.jpg