Show Off Your Photography

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
na i dont only use a cell phone cam to take them plus i cant really get zoomed in ones since i am one handed :lol: too much risk of an escape
You can use the zoom function for a closer shot on your cell phone.

rubysmama rubysmama , close your eyes :lol:

I posted one in an earlier post in this thread and I can't remember the post number. This was shot at our local zoo.
- DSC7086.JPG

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That spider is gorgeous. I am speechless. I want one.
check out arachnoboards.com read up learn about them before you make a purchase :)theres lots to pick from.few things to consider some come with a risk/ danger factor that you need to consider and plan for especially if you have young kids not to mention the cat(who will be intensely curious about it) i mean there are none with venom potent enough to kill a full grown healthy human on record that i am aware of. potential intense pain for hours/days even weeksafter a bite are more than possible. along with probably being fatal to a cat whose body is much smaller than a humans.that one in the pic is considered by most as the perfect beginner one to start with venom is mild about as bad as a bee sting it also has another defense irritating hairs it kicks off its rear that cause itching and skin irritation still wouldnt be good for a cats nose or eyes. but they are among the simplest,easiest pets to care for. feed a cricket once a week, no water to change like fish aside from water dish and thats it.feel free to ask if your serious about getting one i am more than happy to convert you into the world of tarantula keeping:flail:some are also really long lived 20,30 years easy.

Last edited:

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you, game misconduct game misconduct ! I really wish I could have one. If I could find one just like that one in the picture, I would probably buy right then are there. He is absolutely beautiful. Landlords say no. :bawling: Darn. They just do tolerate the cats. On record? Geez. If it were just me, I would have one. I literally pick up every spider I see. Probably not wise. We do have little kids so probably not a good idea. Yeah, the cat probably couldn't handle the venom. Oh, did y'all figure out what kind of spider he is? Don't wanna risk it. Lemme tell ya, the first thing I do when I move out is to buy a spider. Close second would be blaring music. :lol: They do sound easy to care for. I think I can handle a cricket once a week. LOL.

I definitely will! Thank you! I don't think the conversion will be very difficult. LOL.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, game misconduct game misconduct ! I really wish I could have one. If I could find one just like that one in the picture, I would probably buy right then are there. He is absolutely beautiful. Landlords say no. :bawling: Darn. They just do tolerate the cats. On record? Geez. If it were just me, I would have one. I literally pick up every spider I see. Probably not wise. We do have little kids so probably not a good idea. Yeah, the cat probably couldn't handle the venom. Oh, did y'all figure out what kind of spider he is? Don't wanna risk it. Lemme tell ya, the first thing I do when I move out is to buy a spider. Close second would be blaring music. :lol: They do sound easy to care for. I think I can handle a cricket once a week. LOL.

I definitely will! Thank you! I don't think the conversion will be very difficult. LOL.
:lol:i live in apartments and the managment has no idea that i keep 5 tarantulas in my apartment they dont even realize each year during inspectiona plastic storage container with vent holes is all they need filled with a good amount of coco fiberi am positive landord will not be happy if your using roaches as feeders though:lol:

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:lol:i live in apartments and the managment has no idea that i keep 5 tarantulas in my apartment they dont even realize each year during inspectiona plastic storage container with vent holes is all they need filled with a good amount of coco fiberi am positive landord will not be happy if your using roaches as feeders though:lol:
That's hilarious! Oh, no. That last thing I'd feed them is roaches. I hate roaches. I'll stick with crickets.
tabbytom tabbytom best i can do man :lol:
That looks just like him (I'mma just call it a he). What kind is that one?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks just like him (I'mma just call it a he). What kind is that one?
mines a brachypelma smithii the other pic could be a brachypelma hamoroii or smithii they bothlook and come from the same area and were imported under the wrong names etc. for years.even though i bought mine captive bred and born it could be a hybrid :lol:i dont have the science background to id it positively other than being able to tell if its a matured male.(common name for both is mexican red knee used mainly by pet stores etc.)