Show Off Your Photography

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
View attachment 367285This picture is almost 50 years old now. It was taken on our honeymoon at Cranberry Lake, NY, from near the summit of Bear Mountain. I just got a device that converts slides and prints to digital, and this is one of my first efforts.
Very nice. I borrowed one of those devices from a friend a few years back, and it's great getting to see your slides as digital prints. I found some turned out better than others, but was still great having them on my computer. Good luck. Enjoy rediscovering the past. :)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice. I borrowed one of those devices from a friend a few years back, and it's great getting to see your slides as digital prints. I found some turned out better than others, but was still great having them on my computer. Good luck. Enjoy rediscovering the past. :)
Yes, I still have hundreds of slides and prints to go, not to mention negatives as well. Some of the slides have scratches and other battle scars suffered over the years, and keeping dust and cat hair at bay is a real chore.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a device that converts slides and prints to digital, and this is one of my first efforts.
I'm doing this with a scanner that has the ability to scan slides and negatives, besides prints and documents. And the results are astonishing. It's an Epson Perfection V550 Photo.
May I ask you what kind of device yours is?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm doing this with a scanner that has the ability to scan slides and negatives, besides prints and documents. And the results are astonishing. It's an Epson Perfection V550 Photo.
May I ask you what kind of device yours is?
I got mine from Sharper Image; it is their Rapid Photo Album Scanner. It's not exactly top of the line, but it works well enough for my purposes.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine from Sharper Image; it is their Rapid Photo Album Scanner. It's not exactly top of the line, but it works well enough for my purposes.
I googled it, and saw it. Looks amazing, it can scan from flat prints in the album or from a magazine, or slides and negatives with the tray.
Great.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
East of Bermuda and west of the Azores is a mighty big stretch of ocean!
Nearly 2000 miles! It would take two weeks of sailing with the wind at your back to make that journey!

Nice! :thumbsup:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
East of Bermuda and west of the Azores is a mighty big stretch of ocean!
Nearly 2000 miles! It would take two weeks of sailing with the wind at your back to make that journey!

Nice! :thumbsup:
It took us about 9 days to cross, including stops in Bermuda and Punta del Gada for fueling, before we reached Gibraltar, where we had to drop off a crewman who had an appendicitis attack.We steamed in company with 2 other destroyers. They were the U.S.S. MacDonough DLG 8 and the U.S.S. Kenneth D. Bailey DD 713.

Last edited: