Show Off Your Photography

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sure the pictures were "lovely", but since I have arachnophobia, I scrolled past them really, really quickly. :running:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Very nice! Is that plant outside all year round? In your cold, snowy winters?
Yes, outside all year. And it's by the driveway, so gets some extra snow shoveled on top of it. But in the summertime it gets hours of south and west sunlight, so I think that's probably while it's thriving.

Here's a pic of it shortly after I bought it May 2019. And another pic of it 2 months later. It had babies quickly!

IMG_8820.jpg

IMG_9177.jpg

Waiting to see what happens when the flowers die. I think the middle plant dies too, and the others will spread in the fill the empty spot.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who knew herons could perch in tree tops! It was a bit of a struggle for him because the branch wasn’t very strong, but he stayed there a good 15 minutes.
View attachment 345825
There is a large wetland not far from us. We often see herons (Michele calls them 'big birds') perched in the trees nesting, away from predators. It doesn't help them much against the bald eagles, though.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It must be. Imagine my surprise at seeing the identical picture on the front page of the local newspaper yesterday. I never saw anyone around when I took the shot, either.
This someone could have used a zoom lens and shot from somewhere further away from you.

Who knew herons could perch in tree tops! It was a bit of a struggle for him because the branch wasn’t very strong, but he stayed there a good 15 minutes.
Yes they do perch high. I have many shots of them up high on the tress.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This someone could have used a zoom lens and shot from somewhere further away from you.

Yes they do perch high. I have many shots of them up high on the tress.
It could be. I was in a lakeside park, on a bluff about 10 meters or so high, using a 300mm lens.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lanesboro, PA, June 1988
Two views of Starrucca Viaduct. Completed in 1848 for the Erie Railroad, it is still in use by trains daily. It is 1040 feet long and stands 100 feet high.
20200814_071355.jpg
20200814_071508.jpg
To get to the top, we had to go through a resident's yard- with his permission- and he told us to just watch for rattlesnakes, as he had seen one the day before.