Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, being home all the time remote working is very intense. I find myself forgetting to take time for myself. And the weather has been dismal to make things worse. Finally got a small break in the rain a few days ago, took advantage and popped my macro lens in. Just walked around my yard to shoot things that are starting to come up. It was quite a windy day though, and trying to hold twigs still to shoot them with the camera in the other hand was challenging!

spring 1.jpg

spring 2.jpg

spring 3.jpg

spring 4.jpg

spring 5.jpg

spring 6.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I love the perspective on this. What is the focal length of the lens? Seems pretty wide?
This was shot with a third party Korean made Samyang brand manual focus 12mm X-mount lens on a Fujifilm XT1. It's a great lens with a maximum f2 opening.

I'm a sucker for wide angle lens and this lens has been on my camera ever since. It can focus very up close and bokeh is fantastic at f2. I used this lens for landscape and street photography which is very good for random shots as you don't need to focus after you've set the aperture and focal distance. I also have a 8mm of the same made. Both are wonderful lens.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This was shot with a third party Korean made Samyang brand manual focus 12mm X-mount lens on a Fujifilm XT1. It's a great lens with a maximum f2 opening.

I'm a sucker for wide angle lens and this lens has been on my camera ever since. It can focus very up close and bokeh is fantastic at f2. I used this lens for landscape and street photography which is very good for random shots as you don't need to focus after you've set the aperture and focal distance. I also have a 8mm of the same made. Both are wonderful lens.
It's such a great effect. The widest I have is on one of my zooms, which 12mm but that is actually more like 24mm because it'a a mirrorless camera (Olympus Pen-F) so you double that to get the what it is in an SLR focal range. I've been eyeing their pro 8mm fixed lens, but it's pricey - sometimes they get refurbished ones so I'm hoping eventually one of those show up.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's such a great effect. The widest I have is on one of my zooms, which 12mm but that is actually more like 24mm because it'a a mirrorless camera (Olympus Pen-F) so you double that to get the what it is in an SLR focal range. I've been eyeing their pro 8mm fixed lens, but it's pricey - sometimes they get refurbished ones so I'm hoping eventually one of those show up.
Yes, the Pen-F is a cropped factor sensor and it doubles the focal length x2 of the 12mm.

Here are some shots taken by the 12mm and 8mm :-

12mm close-up
FullSizeRender 39.jpg

FullSizeRender 138.jpg

Hokkaido 2015_4186.JPG

Hokkaido 2015_4218.JPG

Hokkaido 2015_4579.JPG

12mm Landscape shots
Hokkaido 2015_4422.JPG

Hokkaido 2015_4425.JPG

12mm Street
Hokkaido 2015_5186.JPG

8mm Indoor
Hokkaido 2015_4833 copy.jpg

Hokkaido 2015_4840 copy.jpg

Hokkaido 2015_4842 copy.jpg

8mm - shot taken from top floor of building
Hokkaido 2015_4370 copy.jpg

Hokkaido 2015_4371 copy.jpg

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You obviously really know what you're doing tabbytom tabbytom All of my good shots are just pure luck.
All the wide angle shots are taken in Hokkaido (2015)

IMG_3059.GIF
...................errrrr.............yes, I really know what I'm doing...............:sweat:....................:lol:

Nah, you got some pretty good shots, I've seen your photos before.