Show Off Your Photography

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the camera tips. Will have to start reading reviews and watching for sales. :)

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics, everyone! :camera:
I'm hoping to eventually buy a DSLR. Any recommendations?
I use a Samsung NX 3000 and it's brilliant. I've been using it for three years and have only ever had one problem with it which was easily fixable. The quality is brilliant and it "only" cost me around £200 which is cheap as far as cameras go (one of the lenses I bought for it was more expensive than the actual camera). I'm not sure if you can still get the same model since I got my camera in 2015 but there are probably updated models that are similar and even better, improved. The only downside is that Samsung doesn't communicate with Apple so if you are an iPhone user you cannot directly import your photos from the camera (I have to AirDrop them instead after importing them to my Mac).

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago, we went to Death Valley to see the bloom. It was a big deal, because they'd gotten more rain than usual, and the bloom was expected to be more impressive than usual.

As we rolled into the valley, there were several cars and RVs parked along the shoulder, with people out taking pictures.
We pulled in behind a small camper and piled out. As we were taking in the miracle of flowers, the older woman from the camper said loudly, "Where's the bloom? I thought there was supposed to be a spectacular bloom!"
I looked at her in amazement and replied, "Honey, you're standing in it!"

Had to laugh, because people build something up in their minds... but it's still the desert.
Most of the flowers were yellow daisy types on a skinny stalk; but if you looked carefully, you could find others. Some flowers grew so close to the ground, that they blended in with the rocky soil. Some were no bigger than the tip of a pinky fingernail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
furmonster mom furmonster mom . I went years ago to Death Valley during the bloom too. It was absolutely beautiful!! I need to see if I can find the photos.. it was pre-digital days for me, lol. It's in an album somewhere.

thank you for sharing your photos, it brought back memories for me!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago, we went to Death Valley to see the bloom. It was a big deal, because they'd gotten more rain than usual, and the bloom was expected to be more impressive than usual.

As we rolled into the valley, there were several cars and RVs parked along the shoulder, with people out taking pictures.
We pulled in behind a small camper and piled out. As we were taking in the miracle of flowers, the older woman from the camper said loudly, "Where's the bloom? I thought there was supposed to be a spectacular bloom!"
I looked at her in amazement and replied, "Honey, you're standing in it!"

Had to laugh, because people build something up in their minds... but it's still the desert.
Most of the flowers were yellow daisy types on a skinny stalk; but if you looked carefully, you could find others. Some flowers grew so close to the ground, that they blended in with the rocky soil. Some were no bigger than the tip of a pinky fingernail.

The tenacity of some plants, like some people, is astonishing. They manage to thrive and bloom under the harshest and most sparse conditions.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'll tell him. That'll make his day!

I have tremors, so even with image stabilization, I usually get blurs. He, on the other hand, gets pretty good shots. His new iPhone X takes wonderful photos and allows a lot of effects and corrections. It's a camera with a phone built in.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Draco Draco Gorgeous shots! Love the bird.

I totally forgot about this thread. I bought a new camera last week - something smaller and much lighter than my DSLR. Technically it is a point and shoot but on steroids lol. I haven't shot with it yet, I'm trying to learn how to use it first. Set up the wireless connection and it works great!

I also got a new phone so my camera on that is much better.

Anyway, here's few other things I've shot in the past weeks. Once I feel proficient with my new Pen-F, I'll post them here.
1 white cats.jpg
2 cherries.jpg
3 girl.jpg
4 cocoa.jpg

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've taken very few pictures that I didn't edit in some way and the rose below is probably my favorite of all of them. The second picture was also unedited, but I credit Mother Nature for the beauty of that one. It was taken in a cemetery that I worked at for like 3 days before I got offered a full-time gig at my current job.

035.JPG
10014733_10106804371566770_6030581985212727988_o.jpg