Show Off Your Photography

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SUCH good photos here everyone! :woohoo:
I was having trouble deciding where to start, so I am going to concentrate on some of the B&W photos I've taken. I tend to use my cell phone camera most of the time, as I commute daily and carrying a DSLR is not practical.
cat site 5.jpg
cat site 3.jpg
cat site 11.jpg
cat site 1.jpg
cat site 6.jpg
cat site 10.jpg
cat site 12.jpg
cat site 14.jpg
cat site 13.jpg

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SUCH good photos here everyone! :woohoo:
I was having trouble deciding where to start, so I am going to concentrate on some of the B&W photos I've taken. I tend to use my cell phone camera most of the time, as I commute daily and carrying a DSLR is not practical.
View attachment 214026 View attachment 214027 View attachment 214029 View attachment 214030 View attachment 214031 View attachment 214032 View attachment 214033 View attachment 214034 View attachment 214035
All your photos are great but that second one is really amazing. I got a little emotional looking at that one.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great pics, everyone! :camera:
I'm hoping to eventually buy a DSLR. Any recommendations?

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... so many beautiful images
I don't think mine can really compare
I discovered early on that I'm terrible for taking pictures of people, so most of mine are from hikes. Back in the day, I'd pack my little Fuji camera, and I thought that it got some pretty good pics... then we got the D90. Lugging that along on a hike was a challenge, but I did it a few times. Nowadays I make do with the camera phone... which is about on par with my little ol' Fuji, so I guess I've come full circle. lol

I don't know how many pics I can get in a post, but here's a few of my faves from a hike in Zion Nat'l Park some 10 years back...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am a Canon fan, but you will find just as many Nikon fans. Go to a store and pick some up and see how they feel in your hands. See if some friends will let you borrow a camera briefly to see how you like it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm a Canon fan, too. I had a T-70 way back. And now just have a Canon Powershot A720 but I'm ready to upgrade. I'm thinking a Canon EOS Rebel. Hopefully someday. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Nikon D5000. I chose it because my dad had lenses for them, so I figured why not, free lenses. (those lenses wound up not being compatible in the end.. oops). But I still like it! I recently bought a Tameron telephoto lense, 70mm-300mm and its great for the price.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The most basic entry level DSLR of any brand will take you a very long time to master, will be better in most respects than the top of the line professional DSLR of just a few years ago and be capable of catching an image for the cover of a national magazine.

The big budget I had allotted for my current camera led me to do extensive research on DSLRs. In the end I realized that while it was easy to get caught up in and dazzled by features, software, speeds and specs..... I am not a professional who is really able to make good use of or appreciate any of the top of the line stuff. In fact, much of it would just add to the confusion while learning basics.

All the DSLRs at any given price point will be very similar in performance, they just have different menus, buttons and operational concepts.

I settled on an entry level Nikon and a few basic lenses. After a few years of use I have become proficient at using my camera and it has never held me back in any way. By the time I am ready for something better, prices will have dropped and capabilities will have soared even further.