Show Off Your Photography

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Back in April, I received a package containing several varieties of flower plants in bare-root form. Among them was 2 each of 2 different daylily types. This one, called Bestseller, is the first to open.View attachment 386597
Oh, that's so beautiful. No wonder it's named "Bestseller". :) I have to say, though, I'm envious of you having blooms already from your bare roots day lilies you just got this year. I ordered 3, which arrived in May, and 2 of them have only now just started emerging from the ground and are barely 2 inches high, and the 3rd is still in hiding. Obviously there will be no flowers this year. :disappointed:

So I've been taking more pictures of my garden, trying to get really well focused close up shots. I realize part of the problem is that it's always windy around here, so the plants are always moving. Plus, when I stoop down to take a picture, it's had to stay steady and not cause camera shaking. Anyway, here's a few I think turned out ok-ish.

Day Lily
IMG_2879.jpg

Aster

IMG_2872.jpg

Peony
IMG_2864.jpg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's so beautiful. No wonder it's named "Bestseller". :) I have to say, though, I'm envious of you having blooms already from your bare roots day lilies you just got this year. I ordered 3, which arrived in May, and 2 of them have only now just started emerging from the ground and are barely 2 inches high, and the 3rd is still in hiding. Obviously there will be no flowers this year. :disappointed:

So I've been taking more pictures of my garden, trying to get really well focused close up shots. I realize part of the problem is that it's always windy around here, so the plants are always moving. Plus, when I stoop down to take a picture, it's had to stay steady and not cause camera shaking. Anyway, here's a few I think turned out ok-ish.

Day Lily
View attachment 386687

Aster

View attachment 386688

Peony
View attachment 386689
It always seems that when you get plants, even identical ones, that some are more vigorous than the others. The second daylily doesn't even have buds yet, and the other daylily, called Hello Screamer, has buds but they are still a week or more away from opening.
On another note, I have noticed the bumblebees working the various flowers a lot, but not so many honey bees. Has anyone else noticed this?