Show Off Your Photography

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lovely butterflies shots and if you could get closer would be nice.

Is that a pit viper? :shocked: :eek2: :eek3: :runaround: :running: :sweat:

Please be careful while shooting nature and wild life.
Thank you tabbytom tabbytom ! I've found that the photos tend to blur if I zoom in too much with my digital camera.

No, it's not a pit viper...just a non-venomous brown snake. I see them all the time, sometimes I even pick them up. I am very careful when I do pick them up; I wouldn't want to get bit, even by a non-venomous one! The bad thing about picking up and handling the larger ones is that they have a snake oil on them that is very stinky!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
the photos tend to blur if I zoom in too much with my digital camera.
Yes, with compact zooms, it's not very clear at the long end as most compact zoom are digital and not optical meaning that the far end of the zoom is digitally enlarged rather than the traditional lens that actual glass is moving to make the subject bigger without sacrificing picture quality. Of course, the better lenses are better made and more expensive.

And also photos tend to blur on the zoomed out end of the compact cameras are because of the stability of our hands even though the camera is light. That's why tripods come into the picture.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, with compact zooms, it's not very clear at the long end as most compact zoom are digital and not optical meaning that the far end of the zoom is digitally enlarged rather than the traditional lens that actual glass is moving to make the subject bigger without sacrificing picture quality. Of course, the better lenses are better made and more expensive.

And also photos tend to blur on the zoomed out end of the compact cameras are because of the stability of our hands even though the camera is light. That's why tripods come into the picture.
My camera is a Canon Elph 170. I like it because it is lightweight, and it fits in my pocket. It has a 12x optical zoom, but it will zoom out to 48x. I've found that when I try and zoom out past the 12x, everything usually starts to get blurry. I do have a small tripod for it, but I rarely use it.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Coppersmith Barbet
Coppersmith Barbet 20111117_0005.JPG

Coppersmith Barbet 20120403_0000.JPG

Coppersmith Barbet 20111117_0004.jpg

Coppersmith Barbet 20111117_0006.JPG

Note : Just in case some of you are wondering why my photos have watermarks on them and they don't match is because I use different watermarks at different time and the photos are 100% shot and owned by me. I don't use other people's photos to be passed off as mine :)

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What lovely rich colors angels mommy angels mommy . Nice shots of the butterfly!
Gorgeous colours angels mommy angels mommy Those oranges just pop off the screen.
Thanks! I don't even know what they are. They came from a mixed pkt. They kind of look like squash w/ the big leaves!
Pretty sunflowers Jayflower Jayflower !
What few I had earlier this year didn't even make it to 3 ft tall before something ate it all up, leaves & all!! Catapillars or squirrels maybe....