Show Off Your Photography

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Tabbytom, I just started getting in to nature photography. I need to find a simple-to-use camera that will take a nice picture. Im living on a fixed income so it needs to be pretty cheap. A decent camera that I can have some fun with as an amature photographer! My only request is that I'd like to have the ability to zoom in better than my phone! Lol. Can you help? Id Greatly appreciate some input and from your answer above you sound knowledgeable about cameras.
Thank again,
Motherbear01
Hi there Motherbear1, there are some compact cameras with some pretty decent zoom functions.

Best way is to head down to the camera shop and take look at the cameras and have a feel of it and also check out the price as they have many models there to choose from and pick one that fit your budget and use.

Here's a link to one review best-bridge-camera you can take a look and see if any of the cameras suit your needs and budget and after having an idea of what you really want and need, head to the store and have a feel of it and ask as many questions as you can. This is the best way to shop for a camera.

While at the store, check out the Canon Powershot too. Heard its pretty good. One thing about compact super zoom cameras are that when then lens is zoomed out all the way, it gets kind of shaky. You may need a tripod for it but as I mentioned, check it out at the store before you commit into buying. Do your homework and don't let the salesman make you buy something that you don't need.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a terrible photographer. I’ve tried but I just don’t have it. I can envision the photo that I want to take but it never comes out.
I need to be like Damien Hirst and just direct talented people to do my work for me.
Anyway, for those shooting with cameras not phones, are you shooting on full manual with SLRs?
It depends. I was taught on film cameras so I feel comfortable using the manual settings. However, having said that, now that I use digital cameras, not so much - yet. The menus are SO complicated and it is a learning curve to find what you need in them. I have a Nikon DSLR - one of the entry level models that I never really got into for not only that reason but it really was a bit too heavy to carry around. I bought a lighter, mirrorless camera (Olympus Pen-F) that is considered a point and shoot but, is actually a small DSLR, it has interchangeable lenses, not fixed. This one, I'm slowly mastering. Still using the auto mode mostly, but for some reason the menu on this one is not as intimidating as the Nikon.