Show Off Your Photography

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am a terrible photographer. I’ve tried but I just don’t have it. I can envision the photo that I want to take but it never comes out.
I need to be like Damien Hirst and just direct talented people to do my work for me.
Anyway, for those shooting with cameras not phones, are you shooting on full manual with SLRs?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I am a terrible photographer. I’ve tried but I just don’t have it. I can envision the photo that I want to take but it never comes out.
I need to be like Damien Hirst and just direct talented people to do my work for me.
Anyway, for those shooting with cameras not phones, are you shooting on full manual with SLRs?
Don't worry about shooting in full manual or in auto mode. Most importantly is to get that shot.

Shooting in full manual with DSLR requires lots of practice with a fast mind and hands and knowing your camera well and on top of that, knowing the current situation as in lighting, wind and subject well enough to get a perfect shot.

The cameras have different mode settings for user to use and its not there for show. Those modes are all working modes. All the other modes besides the manual mode gives you the same exposure as shooting vin nManual except for that it takes off the guess work. So, use them and no need to be shy by using them.

In full manual mode, you can manipulate the shot as in deliberate over/under expose the shot or blur out certain subject to show speed or motion.

When I'm using my DSLR, I'm on Aperture Priority most of the time except if I'm shooting close up stills.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Someday I want to get a DSLR, but for now I have an older Canon Powershot, which is probably not much different from the newest phone's photo capabilities. I shoot in "Auto" mode, most of the time. For my flower shots I usually change it to "foliage" and use "macro". And use a photo editing program to crop the shot the way I want it to look.

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So many amazing photos in this thread!

I`ve been going through old photos today, and found two I really like. :)

This was taken in the forrest by our house, some time in the early spring:

5D3CDFCD-710F-4411-82DD-85F781284EA6.jpeg

I used to have four rats, and it was so much fun taking their picture. This was the runt, who I fell madly in love with, and she turned into my special little baby. Here she is out for cuddle time. :)

2ED047AA-65FD-42D7-BDB9-A961CE7A8C5D.jpeg

Motherbear01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Motherbear01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not sure what happened there! Lol. I think I probably pushed a wrong button or something like that. So sorry. I'm new to the site so I'm still learning the ins & outs of finding my way around.

Motherbear01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't worry about shooting in full manual or in auto mode. Most importantly is to get that shot.

Shooting in full manual with DSLR requires lots of practice with a fast mind and hands and knowing your camera well and on top of that, knowing the current situation as in lighting, wind and subject well enough to get a perfect shot.

The cameras have different mode settings for user to use and its not there for show. Those modes are all working modes. All the other modes besides the manual mode gives you the same exposure as shooting vin nManual except for that it takes off the guess work. So, use them and no need to be shy by using them.

In full manual mode, you can manipulate the shot as in deliberate over/under expose the shot or blur out certain subject to show speed or motion.

When I'm using my DSLR, I'm on Aperture Priority most of the time except if I'm shooting close up stills.
Tabbytom, I just started getting in to nature photography. I need to find a simple-to-use camera that will take a nice picture. Im living on a fixed income so it needs to be pretty cheap. A decent camera that I can have some fun with as an amature photographer! My only request is that I'd like to have the ability to zoom in better than my phone! Lol. Can you help? Id Greatly appreciate some input and from your answer above you sound knowledgeable about cameras.
Thank again,
Motherbear01