Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Emerson. He adopted me back in 1984. I came home from work one day and he was sleeping on my front doormat. I thought he would run away when I approached the door, but instead he just looked at me as if to say "I hope you're not expecting me to move". I opened the door and he stood, stretched, and then came in and looked around. I guess he liked what he saw, because he stayed. He was the coolest cat I've ever known. I have adored tabbys ever since.

View attachment 194299
:wave3: Love your story and the most excellent photo!:hearthrob::redheartpump::catrub:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 195164
2nd photo is CoCo 's mom. Last pic is her brother. Other pics are her mom's second litter and CoCo's first litter. Her second happened right before she had TNR done.
CoCo's story

I took care of a sweet loving stray outside. One day she was very excited about something. She kept rubbing against me and meowing. Then, 2 kittens popped out from the bushes. A few days later I could tell the mama cat was very upset about something. Someone snatched one of her kittens-CoCo. The brother got adopted and a rescue took the mama cat and her second litter of 4. A year later CoCo showed up on my porch 1 yr old. Soon after, she had a litter of 5 that were adopted. A friend helped me get TNR done on her and her bff, a male cat. She was outside for 2 yrs.A neighbor took the male cat and left CoCo alone. A few days later I took her in by grabbing by the scruff of the neck then she immediately started purring. First 3 months she lived under my couch. Now she will not leave my bedroom. I have had her a yr. I can see why some shelters do not want kittens adopted til they're 12 weeks old. CoCo does not defend herself when my cats hiss and growl at her. She does not hiss back or stand on her haunches. No reaction at all. Just quivers her tail and hides. I even took her to the vet to have her eyes and ears checked. She is fine. When I go to bed she rubs against my face and wraps her body around my neck. Then she kneads her paws and purrs for a long time. CoCo will eat next to my cats in my kitchen then back to the bedroom. Could be she does not know how to defend herself so she goes where she feels safe. She loves to be brushed and very playful

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What is she looking at? Adorable. Love her colors
January's a boy, hehe :D

He's looking at me taking a shot of him. Think he got a shocked when I called out to him to look at me.

The colors are a little off as he's supposed to be a Brown Mackerel Tabby :p

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use my iPhone to take all his shots. Sometimes it's the lighting and it either gives a cool or warm cast.
Cinnamon has the same type of thing. I believe she has dark grey-tinted brown fur, with a cream-coated underbelly :p. However, my brother and my mother see her as a grey, black and white tabby.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
CoCo's story

I took care of a sweet loving stray outside. One day she was very excited about something. She kept rubbing against me and meowing. Then, 2 kittens popped out from the bushes. A few days later I could tell the mama cat was very upset about something. Someone snatched one of her kittens-CoCo. The brother got adopted and a rescue took the mama cat and her second litter of 4. A year later CoCo showed up on my porch 1 yr old. Soon after, she had a litter of 5 that were adopted. A friend helped me get TNR done on her and her bff, a male cat. She was outside for 2 yrs.A neighbor took the male cat and left CoCo alone. A few days later I took her in by grabbing by the scruff of the neck then she immediately started purring. First 3 months she lived under my couch. Now she will not leave my bedroom. I have had her a yr. I can see why some shelters do not want kittens adopted til they're 12 weeks old. CoCo does not defend herself when my cats hiss and growl at her. She does not hiss back or stand on her haunches. No reaction at all. Just quivers her tail and hides. I even took her to the vet to have her eyes and ears checked. She is fine. When I go to bed she rubs against my face and wraps her body around my neck. Then she kneads her paws and purrs for a long time. CoCo will eat next to my cats in my kitchen then back to the bedroom. Could be she does not know how to defend herself so she goes where she feels safe. She loves to be brushed and very playful
:grouphug2: :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Poor little dear, she sure is lucky you took her in. :clap: :clap2: