Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1Cat's mind:
it looks like a snowshoe cat...

i love it.
EggSandwich EggSandwich - Nope - no white feet or horns, so simply Siamese, but that dilute Lynx undercoat is just stunning, and you know the lyrics to that old Brewer And Shipley tune - One Cat Over The Line:

"I got Birmans, Burmese, Siamese, Tonkinese,
Javanese and Balinese too,
I got Wegies and moggies bigger than doggies,
I've even got the evil Snowshoe...."

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie nowadays looks pretty solid color-wise (except for his little tuxedo ;)), but he had some broken mackeral tabby markings as a kitten!

View attachment 194776
abyeb abyeb - Charlie's such a beautiful boy, and so filled with personality - I love seeing photos of him!

maggie101 maggie101 - Coco's a true beauty, with fabulous markings.

chrissycollete chrissycollete - I've watched Rollie in the mister video twice now, and I think you're right about Maine Coon heritage; what a gorgeous cat - and what a tail!

RainieCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love all of the patterned kitties! What a great thread. I have two blog posts for the two feral kitties we rescued.
SewVintageUniqueBoutique I hope it isn't against the rules to post my blog, I rarely use it but the feral kitties we rescued deserved some air time... More people need to know about ferals and their plights I think. Nellie was all black at three weeks but now she looks like her hair is falling out in patches but it is just turning a beautiful silver grey in a pattern, even her tail has rings developing around in circles..LOL

RainieCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are some pics from this morning. They both seem to be developing the same tabby pattern. Mom looks just like Mist so daddy must be a tabby of some sort?? Nellie's fur is angel hair fine and super soft, Mist is like a soft scrub brush

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some pics from this morning. They both seem to be developing the same tabby pattern. Mom looks just like Mist so daddy must be a tabby of some sort?? Nellie's fur is angel hair fine and super soft, Mist is like a soft scrub brush
RainieCat RainieCat - thanks for rescuing these two gorgeous girls; Mist really has fabulous markings, and Nellie looks as soft as my two black girls, Friday and Clawed-Ya.

Yes, you're correct - when the tabby pattern is expressed, a cat must have at least one parent who is either a shaded or a tabby, and a silver tabby must have at least one silver tabby, shaded silver or smoke parent. Thanks for sharing these additional photos with us.