Show me your eyes

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My late Sascha Blue, he had all the earmarks of a Russian Blue but I had gotten him from a shelter where he had been brought after his family left and abandoned him. 
He was an awesome looking cat! Any idea how old he was at the time of his Bridge crossing? And if I'm not being too nosy, what did he pass away from?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
@Dennis47: He was about 2 years old when I picked him up from the shelter and he was about 16 when he crossed. He just started to loose weight but otherwise was healthy, he got weaker and weaker but still enjoyed his time taking in the sun on his window seat,

the vet could not find anything wrong with him and gave him some extra high calorie  food which was in a tube and which Sascha really liked. He ate and drank well up to the last day and one morning I found him curled up on my bed next to my leg. He had passed away during the night. Short of an autopsy there was no way to find out what he died from. He was not a big cat but he had a heart as big as the great outdoors which he only got to enjoy for the 16 months we spent in Washington State. He had a small fenced-in yard where I would sometimes let him walk around in, always under close supervision.

I called this picture of him "So this is outdoors, it sure is big"

I grew a few veggies next to the fence (yes, that's corn growing there!) and he liked to wander around in there. He was always quite happy to come back inside as this picture shows:

Here he is poking around in the grass, maybe there was a bug

he really liked the stairs in the Washington house, he could be up there and supervise the other cats or watch for a                                                                                                                                good opportunity to pounce on one of them. This picture was taken about two years before he passed away so he                                                                                                                                was about 14 years old.  

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@charliebbarkin  Moe is a stunning looking cat - such an expressive face, and I love that little white whisp that runs up through his ginger tabby face markings.   That fur looks super soft too.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He's looking very serious here.

"Just step into my office please. We need to talk about why breakfast was served late this morning."