Show me your eyes

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That took me a while to work out but looked at my post and realized it was about 'the girls'! :lol3:   Pal and snowleopard were sisters and I adopted them both at about 9 weeks.  They were great friends for about the first few years and ate, played and slept together and didn't fight over me, they'd come and curl up together.  As they got older they liked a little bit of time on their own but as Pal got frail and couldn't jump about due to her arthritis her sister started to bully her and by the time snowleopard was 17 she was still leaping and pouncing about as top cat.  Pal was like a different cat once she was on her own, totally chilled out.  She was a very cool cat  .  Never liked to get a kitten while she was still with me as felt she deserved her peace and quiet.

This first one was her at about 19, and the second one is around 20. I had her for another year and a half after this but she started to show her age more.  Her eyes had been damaged by her blood pressure in the second one here.

And a very pretty tabby she was.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jake taking selfies all on his own, what a clever boy!!!!  :clap:    :D ​  Pretty green eyes too :-)

I hope you guys get a good few years in too, Pal made it to the late December and would have been 22 at the begining of the following April but she was too tired to make another birthday.  Yes, the time was really special.  I met 2 elderly sisters once who had a lovely cat aged 24 that still looked like a kitten.  She followed the sisters about everywhere in the house - managing stairs, getting up and down off their beds - everything. They swore the secret was TLC, and the cat had one of them get up every morning, climb in to the other sister's bed and then the cat would snuggle up between the two of them and purr like crazy!  The cat would miaw and paw at them until they did this every single day.  What a precious household that was, I will always remember them and I still have a clear vision of that cat some 20 years on! 
How lovely that sounds.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here's my cats

RB Mewlittle before she lost her right eye

RB Mewlittle after her eye is missing

Blaziken when she was younger

Blanket giving I know I rule this house look lol

Brandon's I don't care look

This is Bucky Covington a few days after I got him

Kroger when she was younger

Orion when younger

Triton when younger

Sorry if my pictures don't show the eyes to good
I've got pictures of them on my lap with me stretched out like you.
Awwww! The cute little patootie pie!
What's a patootie?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could never foster. I wouldn't want to give them back.
It's not as bad as it seems. It's more like sending a kid to college than giving up a baby for adoption. You know they're going to forever homes with people who will give them all the snuggles they want!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not like that. You know your kids are coming home and during the term to bring their washing, although mine went to the army but still brought their laundry home. You give the kitty to someone else who will cuddle her. You won't see her again. She's yours not some strange other mum :'(

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not like that. You know your kids are coming home and during the term to bring their washing, although mine went to the army but still brought their laundry home. You give the kitty to someone else who will cuddle her. You won't see her again. She's yours not some strange other mum :'(
I suppose. Still, they're going to be happy, taken care of--all of that. There's at least some "sweet" in that bittersweet goodbye.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hahaha I love that

why do they get that dead look in their eyes when they knead?!
It's not "dead" so much as "hypnotized". That kitty is in a trance!

"And when I count to three, you will wake up and never barf on the rug again..."