Show me your eyes

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Willow's eyes are my favorite: they're green when she's happy and content, but a fiery yellow-orange when she's mad/upset

Molly also has green eyes, which look really pretty with her pink nose

Wow, your cats really suit their eye colours! Gorgeous.  I have never heard eye colour changing with mood, that is amazing! :)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This isn't a traditional picture of eyes, but I just LOVED how the shot (accidentally) came out. This is Tuxedo.

Here's an explanation of the eyeshine:

Eyeshine is a visible effect of the tapetum lucidum. When light shines into the eye of an animal having a tapetum lucidum, the pupil appears to glow. Eyeshine can be seen in many animals, in nature and in flash photographs. In low light, a hand-held flashlight is sufficient to produce eyeshine that is highly visible to humans (despite our inferior night vision); this technique, spotlighting, is used by naturalists and hunters to search for animals at night. Eyeshine occurs in a wide variety of colors including white, blue, green, yellow, pink and red. However, since eyeshine leads to iridescence, the color varies slightly with the angle at which it is seen and the minerals which make up the reflective tapetum-lucidum crystals.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapetum_lucidum

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
LDG, that is an absolutely stunning shot of Tuxedo with eye shine: the eyes look like mini worlds viewed from space. It would make an amazing wall poster / framed picture!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LDG, that is an absolutely stunning shot of Tuxedo with eye shine: the eyes look like mini worlds viewed from space. It would make an amazing wall poster / framed picture!
I know! That's exactly what I thought - they look like little worlds! It was because of that shot I learned all about eyeshine. :lol3:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

This is Twinkle when she was about 4 months old. We had only just managed to coax her and her three sisters into the house. They were still a bit wild but when she started to make eye contact like this I knew we were winning.

I think she looks like a little lion cub in this one.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I love all these pictures of beautiful cats' eyes.   and so many gorgeous colors. 

My choices are limited to blue, blue or blue. 

Here is my lilac point Chatri    Photo by Helmi Flick.

blue point Sammy 

seal point Phai-lin