Should I or not

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mom has a cat I visit my mom every other day. Her cat doesn't like other cats. Should I go over with my cat and try to acquaint them or is my brain starting trouble. I've avoided this with my last cat. But with her getting up in age she might come to live with me in years to come. Should I work on this now or leave be. Only asking since the cats don't live together.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No way. Introducing adult cats properly takes time (usually weeks) and work, and the benefit would be totally lost before long if they weren't living together after the intro.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad idea. Most cats and especially one who you know doesn’t like other cats is going to be very very unhappy with a cat visitor. It can result in aggression and inappropriate urination that lasts long after the visit. If it ever is at a point where this cat needs to live with you then you would need to start a long and very slow introduction

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I figured, I wont. Very understandable. I'm familiar with the long slow introduction that takes weeks between two cats. Didnt think there was a window of opportunity and was curious what yall thought. Thanks