Should i let my cat have her kittens?

should she have them?

• Total voters

Cattycoves

Following mama kitty
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted awhile ago about getting her from a sketchy person who lied about everything and I ended up getting a pregnant cat, the lady finally answered me informing me that mango was living with 8 other males none of which were fixed. she also told me that this wasn't her first pregnancy! she had one baby and it died a week after she had it never really told me why just that mango wouldn't take care of it. I don't really know what to believe because she already lied about everything I guess my question is all in the title should I let her have these babies I have everything prepared for bottle feeding and have researched it, I really don't want to have her spayed while pregnant... and because she had a problematic pregnancy last time I worry about taking her to the vet and stressing her out any advice would be great opinions welcome! please be kind! also pregnancy prep and brands of items /links would be greatly appreciated I'm very new to this i don't know what i should have on hand I've got the formula and the bottles/nipples the plan is to put her in my bathroom with a fabric crate that'll be open it just a place where she can have them.
mango laying down.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Cattycoves Cattycoves when you first posted about this cat you said she was already visibly pregnant.

My new kitten is PREGNANT by her BROTHER!?!?

That would mean she must be very close to her delivery date by now. If you spay abort this late into the pregnancy the kittens will be alive and viable when the vet removes them from her womb and will have to be euthanized. I think if you were going to spay abort you should have done so as soon as you realized she was pregnant. Doing so now will be really upsetting for you, the vet and of course for Mango. She's full of expectant mother hormones and she is getting ready to care for her kittens. If you abort them now she will go into depression and mourn the babies.

I know the thought of raising kittens by hand can be daunting, but it sounds like you have done your homework and are already prepared. We're here for you to help you all the way.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
:yeah: I agree with Norachan Norachan . Plan to spay her when the kittens are 8 weeks. You’ve clearly planned for kittens by getting bottles and formula on hand. Your original thread was 6 weeks ago. She’s clearly nearing the end now.