When will she give birth?

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys. I forgot to mark on the calendar when she was in heat but I know she's creeping up on her due date and it should be BEFORE the 12th. She ate this morning so I don't think it'll be the next 24 hrs. Any guesses?

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

Maybe something in here will help;

And here are more to help as you go through this, in case you haven't seen them;

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat had kittens on Valentine's day. She moved them from her birthing box to the cabinet we keep the blankets in yesterday (and totally freaked me out). But the biggest of the 3 and most advanced has been trying to crawl away and explore. The cabinet is about a foot off of the floor. I'm concerned he is going to crawl out and get hurt. The other 2 seems perfectly content to sleep and nurse next to mama.
Should I intervene? And if so, how?
Attaching a picture of the space and my other cat showing me where they went.

Attachments

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She had the kittens on Valentine's day.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Will she allow you to touch them (and weigh them)?
Try taking a couple blankets they've been sleeping on, and move them somewhere safer. Be sure they have a way to keep warm when mama starts to leave them. A heating pad set on low with a couple towels over it, with space so they can move off of it can help :)

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Or lay a couple of blankets under the nest. So if biggie falls down, he falls on something softish.
Yeah, that's true. That might be one of the only things mama will let me do anyway. I think if I mess with her "nest" one more time (to switch out towels) she'll kill me in my sleep.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If mama is that protective, I would definitely leave her be. Just make sure to handle the kittens as much as she will allow as they get older to get them socialized. One of the sweetest things I know is to have a tiny kitten with their eyes still closed hiss at you when you pick them up!

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She really isn't that bad but definitely isn't happy. She grabbed one back from me one time. It was hilarious. I was just checking his eyes because they looked a little weepy and she grabbed him back and looked at me like "what is wrong with you?!"
I just think it's funny she will give birth on me and leave that kitten with me but carries them off when I change the towels, 😂
The kittens seem fine socially already luckily. The big boy was the first born that she left with me and he crawls to me whenever he smells me, even before he opened his eyes.

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will she allow you to touch them (and weigh them)?
Try taking a couple blankets they've been sleeping on, and move them somewhere safer. Be sure they have a way to keep warm when mama starts to leave them. A heating pad set on low with a couple towels over it, with space so they can move off of it can help :)
Sorry I missed this reply yesterday.
She will, just not for long before she gets irritated with me. Mama has started to leave them already. I need to come to a compromise with her. Lol.