Should I get really worried if my cat throws up for the first time?

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats, so I’m used to seeing them throw up from time to time or choose to eat dry food over wet food, or not eat so I have to store the food, etc. Anyway, we got a new cat 6 months ago, he’s about 7 months old now and he has always been the healthiest out of our 3 boys, he eats well, plays well, and sleeps well. He’s always finished his plates of wet food, and he’s never even thrown up. Right before I was going to sleep, his stool had smelt worse than usual (he has not gotten any type of surgery yet, that might be why) and he was very hot. It might’ve been from actually being hot, but it was night time and there was no way he could’ve been like that unless he trapped himself somewhere. When I go feed him dinner, he completely ignores it. He doesn’t even meow, he sits there and ignores it. I, of-course get worried but end up sleeping. I woke up about a couple hours later to see if he’d want to eat again, and he ate, I got super excited until he started throwing up. It was his first time, and it wasn’t much either. I have many unnecessary worries about them, so I’m hoping this might be just one of those, I can’t tell the difference that well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know they throw up once at least, but he's been great with food so it’s worrying

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not the one who decides his surgeries, or appointments at the vet but I nag about them. If there’s anything I can do within my reach before a vet visit, please tell me

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did he eat too fast and throw up minutes later?
Yes, he was eating fast (compared to my other cats) but thats how he always eats and he’s never thrown up

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats just seem to throw up more than other household pets. I have a scarf-and-barfer who throws up after eating regularly. I don't think a single vomiting experience is anything to worry about at this stage.

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats just seem to throw up more than other household pets. I have a scarf-and-barfer who throws up after eating regularly. I don't think a single vomiting experience is anything to worry about at this stage.
Okay, thank you so much, I feel much better now!! He’s doing fine again and hes back to trying to steal everyone else’s food