Should I be worried?

mcbecca2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. Tabitha is now 9 weeks pregnant (estimated, not by Ultrasound) and today she has been not allowing me to touch her belly, eating only a nibble here or there, and her stomach is hard. If anyone knows anything about this issue...help! I am only worried that she could be in medical trouble, otherwise I am a cool, calm, together mom! hehe Thanks!

Tonya

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, you may want to have her checked out. Usually during pregnancy the belly is still pretty soft. Her belly should be getting bigger, but usually the spurt is around 40 to 50 days. If your gut tells you, I would have her checked.

frannie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would have her checked out. Cats usually give birth between 62-65 days but then I've seen some go as long as 72. I strongly feel that she should be checked. My vet has done one x-ray on one of my cats because she was late and all is well. One x-ray won't hurt her but I don't suggest anymore than that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mcbecca2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks you two! I will definately take her as soon as I can get her in to the vet.

Tonya

frannie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. Sandie is a good friend of mine. Prayers are being sent. Let us know what the vet says and how many she has.

Frannie