Should I Be Worried? Advice Please...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
You say it is always at night and I assume you turn your lights off. Cats are not normally afraid of the dark but if she had a bad experience in the dark she could associate the bad experience with the darkness. Maybe she is afraid to venture in the darkness to use the litter? Maybe where the litter is located is dark and the beds not so dark? She may have a problem with her eyes and it is not from a bad experience? I wonder if you left the lights on would she do it. Or maybe a night light near the litter.

I am winding down at work and only skimmed through your thread, forgive me if someone already mentioned this. I sure do hope you get this resolved sooner than later.
Actually, i don't think that is it..
Because she was about to poop today on the bed when i was in the room and the lights were on...
Arrghhh!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hopefully..
I have a feeling too that it's worms but how does that explain her pooping on my bed during the night?
Do they make her want to poop straight away?

I don't know...
BUT, she was about to poop earlier today (like i mentioned in the other thread) but i shouted "NO!" and put her in her litter box of which she ran out off...
So how do the worms cause the night time pooping incidents? Because she did it right when i was in the room and she was on the floor only 1 second away from her litter box but instead she jumped on top of the (high) bed and started doing it there!
We can't really know, because we don't understand her language ;) But it must be very uncomfortable. I'd think it might be itchy, too, and you know how it is when you suddenly get an itch? This may be what she is feeling and why she goes immediately. Not positive, just guessing.

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Morning (Afternoon nearly),
Well... believe it or not @Shane Kent Snowy did NOT poo/pee on the bed!
I left the nightlight and main bedroom light on :-)
I don't know if it was because i fed her earlier, left lights on or because i stuck black bags all over the spare bed where she pooped before (:p) - you have to improvise :p

Hope you are all having a great day!

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
So, we just got back from the vets. He said she looks fine and she will be having her first set of vaccinations next week.
Also, he gave her a worm spot-on which will last 3 months and should be put on in 3 days. He said she weighs about 800g... and is looking good! So happy! She was micro-chipped too!
I did not mention the pooping incidents even though i wish now i should have... but she did not poop last night so i am going to wait and monitor her and if she does again then i will mention it to him next week at the appointment.
Overall, i am so very happy! Thank god she is okay and well!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, we just got back from the vets. He said she looks fine and she will be having her first set of vaccinations next week.
Also, he gave her a worm spot-on which will last 3 months and should be put on in 3 days. He said she weighs about 800g... and is looking good! So happy! She was micro-chipped too!
I did not mention the pooping incidents even though i wish now i should have... but she did not poop last night so i am going to wait and monitor her and if she does again then i will mention it to him next week at the appointment.
Overall, i am so very happy! Thank god she is okay and well!
*EXCELLENT!!!* I would definitely mention it next time, though. You want to be sure all is well with her! *and I hope it is* :yess: