Should I Be Worried? Advice Please...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
you can use coconut oil on a warm wet washcloth-that will help sooth chapped butt skin. it also helps the poop slide off easier for cleaning. I would call your vet asap.=edited=I saw your post after I posted-

Too much pooping could dehydrate your baby-so best to get this treated as soon as possible.

Also setting up another small cat box won't hurt. My cats have 3. One of them never gets used now but if we stay gone for more than a day they can still have a place to go.

And yes it's normal for kittens to go often-they have small bodies..if the poop is overwhelming you can get some plain canned pumpkin and give 1/4 teaspoon-it helps firm up stool and helps constipation too. Some cats love it. Some hate it. Do you have any wet food? some people mix it in kitten wet pate style food. it can be given once a day or every other day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Excellent. And glad you'll be getting the Kitten Pak.
Cats never do anything out of "spite" or because they are "bad". There has to be a reason she is doing this, and I think it will be found to be a health issue such as worms, which must be very aggravating to the host. Either that or it is stress-related. Do you know how old she is and when she was separated from her mom and siblings? Although toileting is instinctual in cats, Mom does help kittens in this habit.
She is currently 8 weeks old. We did get her early ( no clue why ???)... I will let you know what the vet says but can i do anything in the meantime to stop her from pooping on my bed?
Her poop is number 5 on the fecal scale
:-(

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
you can use coconut oil on a warm wet washcloth-that will help sooth chapped butt skin. it also helps the poop slide off easier for cleaning. I would call your vet asap. Too much pooping could dehydrate your baby-so best to get this treated as soon as possible.
She has a vets appointment tomorrow
She is cleaning her butt now slowly slowly...
Thank-you :-)

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
you can use coconut oil on a warm wet washcloth-that will help sooth chapped butt skin. it also helps the poop slide off easier for cleaning. I would call your vet asap.=edited=I saw your post after I posted-

Too much pooping could dehydrate your baby-so best to get this treated as soon as possible.

Also setting up another small cat box won't hurt. My cats have 3. One of them never gets used now but if we stay gone for more than a day they can still have a place to go.

And yes it's normal for kittens to go often-they have small bodies..if the poop is overwhelming you can get some plain canned pumpkin and give 1/4 teaspoon-it helps firm up stool and helps constipation too. Some cats love it. Some hate it. Do you have any wet food? some people mix it in kitten wet pate style food. it can be given once a day or every other day.
Oh okay... wow! Did not know it was that serious :-(
I will speak to the vet tomorrow
She does drink a lot of water and is often more thirstier than anything else...
She also meows a LOT... I don't know if she is just vocal or...
Can i do anything in the meantime ?
Thank-you so much for replying! :-)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is currently 8 weeks old. We did get her early ( no clue why ???)... I will let you know what the vet says but can i do anything in the meantime to stop her from pooping on my bed?
Her poop is number 5 on the fecal scale
:-(
That may have something to do with it: experts now advise not separating families before 12 weeks. But what's done is done, and it shouldn't be a problem as long as she has lots of love and a good environment. I would confine her to an easily cleanable room with all of her necessities until she visits her vet -- it's only until tomorrow. She may be very vocal, but that's the way it is. Sooner or later, she should settle down. Visit her frequently, play with her if she seems to want that, and make sure she has a nice comfortable sleeping spot -- probably a soft easily washable towel would work right now.

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise

I feed her wet food with dry food (50/50) at 8am, 12pm, 4pm and 8pm... and then she has dry kitten food throughout the other times and fresh water too :-)

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
That may have something to do with it: experts now advise not separating families before 12 weeks. But what's done is done, and it shouldn't be a problem as long as she has lots of love and a good environment. I would confine her to an easily cleanable room with all of her necessities until she visits her vet -- it's only until tomorrow. She may be very vocal, but that's the way it is. Sooner or later, she should settle down. Visit her frequently, play with her if she seems to want that, and make sure she has a nice comfortable sleeping spot -- probably a soft easily washable towel would work right now.
To be 100% honest i don't have anywhere (smallish) to put her... we have an adult cat (male) who is very vicous and mainly outdoor cat but sometimes comes inside now (winter). She is always upstairs (she=Snowy (poo kitty :p) and he (grey outdoor adult/senior cat) is always outside or downstairs with my family. They have not met as he is violent and she is always upstairs so i know that can't be affecting her... IT CANNOT BE THAT Because she poo's/pees throughout the day... only at NIGHT she POO'S on my BED!!!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
hmmm that's interesting..maybe a different flavor?

oh they have KMR kitten milk replacement=maybe get the one that is a powder and mix it with water and see if she will lap it up-at this age it's never too much food-some kittens have a high metabolism but if there's worms that too could explain her hunger=hopefully tomorw you will find out what's going on....

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise

I will get her another litter box tomorrow after the vet visit :-)
Thanks
But, as she is only in my room WHERE do i put the 2nd litter box???

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be 100% honest i don't have anywhere (smallish) to put her... we have an adult cat (male) who is very vicous and mainly outdoor cat but sometimes comes inside now (winter). She is always upstairs (she=Snowy (poo kitty :p) and he (grey outdoor adult/senior cat) is always outside or downstairs with my family. They have not met as he is violent and she is always upstairs so i know that can't be affecting her... IT CANNOT BE THAT Because she poo's/pees throughout the day... only at NIGHT she POO'S on my BED!!!
Well, if you don't have a small easily cleanable room like a bathroom available, and you don't have a crate, then you're just going to have to be patient with her and hope that her vet visit will reveal the problem and offer good answers.

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
hmmm that's interesting..maybe a different flavor?

oh they have KMR kitten milk replacement=maybe get the one that is a powder and mix it with water and see if she will lap it up-at this age it's never too much food-some kittens have a high metabolism but if there's worms that too could explain her hunger=hopefully tomorw you will find out what's going on....
hopefully..
I have a feeling too that it's worms but how does that explain her pooping on my bed during the night?
Do they make her want to poop straight away?

I don't know...
BUT, she was about to poop earlier today (like i mentioned in the other thread) but i shouted "NO!" and put her in her litter box of which she ran out off...
So how do the worms cause the night time pooping incidents? Because she did it right when i was in the room and she was on the floor only 1 second away from her litter box but instead she jumped on top of the (high) bed and started doing it there!

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, if you don't have a small easily cleanable room like a bathroom available, and you don't have a crate, then you're just going to have to be patient with her and hope that her vet visit will reveal the problem and offer good answers.
Thank-you :-)
I very much appreciate your advice and foxxycat foxxycat 's advice too!
I can't put her in the bathroom because the other adult cat sleeps there and uses his litter box there (just) during the night :-(
So i am stuck...

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
You say it is always at night and I assume you turn your lights off. Cats are not normally afraid of the dark but if she had a bad experience in the dark she could associate the bad experience with the darkness. Maybe she is afraid to venture in the darkness to use the litter? Maybe where the litter is located is dark and the beds not so dark? She may have a problem with her eyes and it is not from a bad experience? I wonder if you left the lights on would she do it. Or maybe a night light near the litter.

I am winding down at work and only skimmed through your thread, forgive me if someone already mentioned this. I sure do hope you get this resolved sooner than later.

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
maybe she was too sleepy to get there in time-get a tarp hun...put it over your blankets..or sheet of plastic..or use old sheets you don't care about-I have several for this reason whenever the girls get stinky smelly slimy butt-which hasn't been in awhile..and laundry soap lol.
I don't think it's anything to do with being tired... because she did it today during the day and she normally goes and does it in the night.. only 3 days ago she started doing it on my bed!

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise
You say it is always at night and I assume you turn your lights off. Cats are not normally afraid of the dark but if she had a bad experience in the dark she could associate the bad experience with the darkness. Maybe she is afraid to venture in the darkness to use the litter? Maybe where the litter is located is dark and the beds not so dark? She may have a problem with her eyes and it is not from a bad experience? I wonder if you left the lights on would she do it. Or maybe a night light near the litter.

I am winding down at work and only skimmed through your thread, forgive me if someone already mentioned this. I sure do hope you get this resolved sooner than later.
That's a great idea!
I will try this today!
Thank-you ever so much Shane Kent Shane Kent
I will leave a night light near her litter tray :-)
Nonsense! You have done nothing wrong for me to forgive you :-)
Thank-you!
I will try this and let you know of the outcome... :-)

Ariel2611

Adult Cat
Purraise

We do have a night light which faces towards the beds...
Hmm... I will let you know if she poops on the bed or not with the nightlight near her litter tray... :-)