Should I be worried about the bulging belly?

Adway

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is our office cat. She has 2 kids (4/6 weeks old, more or less). She is still breastfeeding. She is always hungry. I applied dedleecing and deworming liquid to her today.

Last few days, I have felt her belly bulging from sides. I showed this snap to my Vet, and he thinks I should bring her in. Now, being a stray, it will be tough. Plus, I don't want her to take away from her kids to go to Vet.

Does this bulging belly looks problematic or do I wait and watch?

And, thanks for this community, you guys have always helped me.

Attachments

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she should go to the vet. Her babies should be fine for a short while and it might be a good time to offer them some kitten food anyway as they are old enough to start eating on their own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adway

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think she should go to the vet. Her babies should be fine for a short while and it might be a good time to offer them some kitten food anyway as they are old enough to start eating on their own.
Thanks for the response. It will be tough, considering she is stray and knows me only for couple of weeks. Still, I will try tomorrow.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I too think she should see a vet. I have heard many on this site say to take the babies with her to the vets. Since there are only two, it might be easier than a larger litter. Besides, it might help to get her into a crate if the kids are with her. Maybe ask the vet?

If you saw what she looked like during her entire pregnancy, you'd know how she developed during gestation - could it be that she is pregnant again?

Adway

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I too think she should see a vet. I have heard many on this site say to take the babies with her to the vets. Since there are only two, it might be easier than a larger litter. Besides, it might help to get her into a crate if the kids are with her. Maybe ask the vet?

If you saw what she looked like during her entire pregnancy, you'd know how she developed during gestation - could it be that she is pregnant again?
No idea, I know her only for 2 weeks. The only thing I know is that, she eats a lot and she did not have a bulging belly a week back.

Taking her kids along with her is impossible, cause the kids are placed in a very weird place. I think I will have to chance taking her to Vet.

Adway

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We tried today, but she was not willing. However, I had applied defleecing, deworming medicine yesterday and she seems to have normal sized belly today. I am going to try again in couple of days.
20210504_134155.jpg
20210504_134155.jpg