Should I Add Supplements?

Cindus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've made three different recipes so far, all with a mix of Hare Today products and store-bought boneless meat. I'm wondering now if I should start adding supplements. Taurine? Fish oil? Egg yolks?

Also, has anyone tried the small-chunk rabbit from Hare Today? It's the only product I've seen anywhere that includes secreting organs other than liver. It's expensive but I can still dilute it with store-bought since the bone content is high.

Products Used:
boneless chicken thighs and chicken liver
HT ground whole chicken (68% 27% 5%)
HT ground chicken organs (67% 0% 33%)
HT chicken necks (41% 59% 0%)

I meant to post this over a month ago, but wow does life get in the way! :p

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I have a cat that loves the small rabbit chunks. In fact, I just got an order of ten bags. The chunks do vary in size a bit. I partially thaw the bag, then weigh out into portions, cutting, or sometimes just pulling apart, as necessary and put in baggies and back in the freezer.
I also use the whole carcass ground rabbit, ground boneless turkey, and ground whole carcass cavies. I add Alnutrin supplement, additional taurine, unscented fish oil and water.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cindus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I have a cat that loves the small rabbit chunks. In fact, I just got an order of ten bags. The chunks do vary in size a bit. I partially thaw the bag, then weigh out into portions, cutting, or sometimes just pulling apart, as necessary and put in baggies and back in the freezer.
I also use the whole carcass ground rabbit, ground boneless turkey, and ground whole carcass cavies. I add Alnutrin supplement, additional taurine, unscented fish oil and water.
Thank you so much! Since I'm doing a sort of hybrid between ground and prey-model I'd been really unsure as to whether they're getting everything they need. I want them to eat as much whole meat and bone as possible, but it's not as easy as I'd hoped.

Are you getting the fish oil from HT? I've tried feeding them bits of raw fish but they've shown no interest at all.

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi
I get the fish oil, Iceland Pure, at Amazon. I get the Alnutrin supplements from the manufacturer at knowwhatyoufeed.com. They also have good information on raw feeding.
Hare Today carries these items, but it's more expensive, which is understandable.
I also give him adult mice from HT. And as a bedtime treat, freeze-dried turkey heart chips and freeze-dried turkey liver.