Short post: León, best big brother

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, I hope everyone has seen the two topics about spaying Neta and Joy. In a couple of the photos one of her brothers appears. So this post is simply about León, the big brother.

León ( Spanish for lion) has always been courageous, and worthy of the name. Joy's brother was already facing and trying to defend the turf against adult toms at only three months of age! Now it is almost a daily ritual to see León going after the roosters on the neighbor's property. Dangerous, as the roosters are significantly bigger than him, and quite capable of self-defense, but for now León always sends them running away. At the same time, he has joined his sister Joy in taking care of the newest kittens, since the mother (Neta) has stopped mothering them.

Long story short: León gets his own post because he has already made his mark here. He defends the turf (hilarious to watch how he scared the bejeezus out of one dog who got too close), he is nothing if not ambitious as a hunter, but he still takes care of his little siblings (Neta's second pregnency).

Everybody is shocked to hear that he is only about nine months old, and the same age as his sister Joy. No one believes that he is still a kitten

Here's a shot of almost the whole family- Joy was elsewhere, but we have León, his brother Pinguinho, and the newest siblings. They are roughly five months behind León, Pinguinho, and Joy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
While I`m at it, here`s Leon`s brother, Pinguinho. While he`s not unusually big like his brother, Pinguinho is still a bit above average in size for his age. He has his mother`s eyes

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I`ve only been able to get decent photos of two of the three new kids; Gengibre is quite skilled at ducking photos :lol: This first photo is of the only one confirmed to be female- Gengibre is a boy, and the third as well. When younger, she looked to be almost totally grey, but now beige spots and tabby striping are becoming more prominent. These new three are now roughly four and a half months old

We had thought that the tabby was female, but when we got a chance to check he`s a boy. Other than gender (and probably eye color, but they are still changing), he`s an exact copy of Joy

I still hope to get a decent photo of Gengibre, definitely a work in progress :biggrin::lol:

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I finally got a chance to get a shot of litle Gengibre; he's good at avoiding cameras, and all three ofthe little ones are still very shy around humans. It's not a good photo, but it is a starting point.

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's a quickie; my Sundays are so busy, love to know why... :headscratch:

This photo is pretty bad, it was taken at a distance and required cropping. But it shows the current situation well, the three little ones clustered around big brother León (and not Neta: their mother has completely stopped caring for them, and even takes swipes if they get too close :frown::sniffle: ) León and Joy have assumed the duties of caring for them, cleaning and playing with them. Brother Pinguinho plays with them from time to time, but is usually off exploring as young males tend to do.

They are now, by our calculations, approximately five months old. The tabby's eye seems to be a result of some kind of irritant like dust, etc, and is already looking better since this photo was taken two days ago. It is definitely not conjunctivitis. The grey kitten's eyes are ok, she blinked right as I snapped the shutter :lol:

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, I've been busy with Real Life, and haven't even logged in for some time. Here's an update: León and Pinguinho's sister Joy was adopted, and now lives with the Mother-in-law and her cat Pingo. They quickly became friends, and she now spends her time and sleeping and playing noisily with Pingo in the early hours of evey morning. We estimate that she and her two brothers were born last year in late October/early-to-mid November. At the first year of age León is a handsome teen

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Three little brothers were born at the end of February (we believe the 24th or very close to it) and are also growing. Unfortunately,they are more skittish than the first litter, and we've been unable to get the female spayed :sigh:
Frst up: We've taken to calling him Joãozinho ( Johnny)

Next is his brother Gingibre (ginger, because of his color)

Here's the sister that we've been unable to capture for spaying; she's gone into heat at least once already :sigh:. The neighbors call her Tempestade (Storm)

Here's a few more pics:

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, such spectacular pictures, lucho lucho ! All in place and each personality so well presented !

"Little brothers..." you say? LOL, what's the super food that you're providing? 'Think I'd be investing in that! :flail:

Thank you for presenting these (no so little:lol: ) ones!

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
León and his brother are now living in another apt. building on the next street- a lady there leaves food every morning. But the two still come by from time to time

I finally got an up-to-date photo of León's brother; at approx. 15months of age Pinguinho has bulked up

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, we weren't able to get their other sister, Tempestade, spayed. She got pregnant and recently gave birth. But here's a couple of photos before that

On the other hand, Joy was adopted by the mother-in-law, and has settled in. She even formed a friendship with the cat already living there, named Pingo, the two are now inseparable