Shopping today....

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Just got back from Costco. I hadn’t been looking forward to it, but it went really well. We pulled into the parking lot at about 10:30ish and were able to park fairly close to the door. There was a line, but it wasn’t a standing-in-place line. It was a move-at-a-slow-but-steady walk with everyone at least six feet away. They had tape lines every six feet so it was easy to gauge. We grabbed what we came for (and they were fully stocked with all paper goods), went to the front to check out, and were directed to the shortest line. There were large stickers on the floor showing people where to stand. Everyone was masked. Slick. Efficient. And, really, we felt safe.

On a side note, they didn’t have my Jif creamy peanut butter, just Skippy. Bummer. It’s gotta be Jif. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Costco is really managing well, the best I've seen. Sam's is doing pretty well too. Walmart seems chaotic (as usual) and some of the others don't seem to be making an effort at all. I haven't been to Menards for a while, I wonder what efforts they're making other than requiring masks.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Costco is really managing well, the best I've seen. Sam's is doing pretty well too. Walmart seems chaotic (as usual) and some of the others don't seem to be making an effort at all. I haven't been to Menards for a while, I wonder what efforts they're making other than requiring masks.
My local Menards has done quite a bit. Blocked the exit so people couldn’t come through. Monitoring number of people in store and requiring masks. Went there early and quite a change from a few weeks ago.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Every other week we go to a grocery store where we can get almost everything we need so that we don't have to go to another store. This week when we went the aisles were marked one-way and not only did they require everyone to wear a mask but every 10 minutes they announced it on the PA system. As DH and I were going down one of the aisles we saw a couple who were not wearing a mask. There was a sign on the front door, all the employees and customers were wearing masks so clearly they had no excuse especially since the woman was holding a mask in her hand but not wearing it. The man did not have a mask and was not holding one.:eek:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been shopping since the last week of November. We are getting an online order from Aldi tomorrow. I'm getting croutons, vegetarian hot dogs, almond milk, soy milk, tortilla chips, cinnamon granola cereal, bananas. Not sure what the rest of my family ordered. That's just what I asked for.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Every other week we go to a grocery store where we can get almost everything we need so that we don't have to go to another store. This week when we went the aisles were marked one-way and not only did they require everyone to wear a mask but every 10 minutes they announced it on the PA system. As DH and I were going down one of the aisles we saw a couple who were not wearing a mask. There was a sign on the front door, all the employees and customers were wearing masks so clearly they had no excuse especially since the woman was holding a mask in her hand but not wearing it. The man did not have a mask and was not holding one.:eek:
Yeah, I was in a store that doesn’t make masks mandatory but most people were wearing them. This one lady, not wearing a mask was speaking loudly into her phone “yeah. I am not wearing one, they don’t protect you anyway”. True but she clearly didn’t care about protecting anyone else.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been shopping since the last week of November. We are getting an online order from Aldi tomorrow. I'm getting croutons, vegetarian hot dogs, almond milk, soy milk, tortilla chips, cinnamon granola cereal, bananas. Not sure what the rest of my family ordered. That's just what I asked for.
Sounds like some good stuff!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been doing delivery. Last time I was in the parking lot of the grocery store (didn't go in) I saw maybe 3 people wearing masks. Was able to get toilet paper (limit 1) from Harris Teeter. No paper towels. I have gotten some small cubes of facial tissues here and there. I also got two small hams and a beef roast from Food Lion. I like that they text you and ask about substitution.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I was in a store that doesn’t make masks mandatory but most people were wearing them. This one lady, not wearing a mask was speaking loudly into her phone “yeah. I am not wearing one, they don’t protect you anyway”. True but she clearly didn’t care about protecting anyone else.
Speaking of not wearing masks, I made a trip to my Endocrinologist office because she was leaving a Trulicity sample for me ($500 a month, which I can't afford.) Sign on the door says wear a mask, everyone was wearing a mask. The girl behind the desk put on a heavy duty looking mask (m95?) before beckoning me over. While I'm waiting for her to get my medicine, an older guy comes in with no mask. They just took his name and stuff and never said a word about mask, although I think she might have offered him one because I heard her say do you want one of these. At my PCP office, you have to call when you get there and they come out, take your temperature, ask you questions (have you been out of the state, got any symptoms, etc.) before they let you have. Have the chairs placed a good distance away and not overbooking. The first time I went was to get a blood test and she gave me a pair of gloves to wear. The second time for the follow up routine exam no gloves that time. Of course everyone wearing a mask. I told my doctor it's a strange time, you can't go to the doctor if you're sick, only if you're well.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke early and so went and got my weekly shopping done. The store was nice and empty at 6:00 am. Wipe, paper towels, and toilet paper was stocked. I bought two 32 oz bottles of spray hand sanitizer that are 80 % alcohol and pretty much unscented. They also had a few packages of yeast which I have been looking for for the last few weeks.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my shopping online. I got some coconut milk, soy milk, vanilla almond milk, and some more cappuccino powder.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most people at the Supermarket I go to wear masks. I go right after they open on Saturday morning and they aren't crowded. I made an appointment to get a haircut Friday afternoon and they are requiring masks. I have to stay in the parking lot until they text me. I have to fill out a health assessment and send it back to them from the parking lot before I can go in. They also will check my temperature before I go in.