Shocked and frustrated!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that does suck!!! Hope your tongue is alright
. I wonder why she never mentioned the allergies to you in one of her emails to you about how wonderful Guido was doing??!!!! Sure hope he will find his perfect furever home soon

erinroro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Allergies, Smallergies!!! I am another cat-person who is allergic to cats. That is what allergy pills are all about! Guido sounds like such a dear. I'm sending lots of
for Guido to find his forever home with someone who will give him lots of love and hugs!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMO, if someone is going to use allergies as an excuse, there's so no point discussing anything (other than initially offering to provide suggestions on how to manage allergies if they want them). If they then dig up other excuses, kitty needs a different home.

Still sucks they just can't come out and tell the truth, especially if there IS some sort of behavior problem in their home there wasn't while fostering... for example, if the ACTUAL problem is that Guido is unhappy being an alone cat, Kailie needs to know that!!!!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Guido! He was one of your boys that I seriously considered road-tripping out to the east coast for before we got Wendel. Such a big sweetie! Almost everyone I know with cats (including DH & I) are allergic, and it doesn't stop us from loving them....

I really, really hope he finds a good, permanent home. for the big guy.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AW, poor Guido; he sounds like such a sweet boy! I hope you're able to find the big guy a forever home, Kailie; it sounds as if he'll be better off away from that couple anyway. Sending loads of "adopt Guido" your way!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband never had a problem with allergies until we got the second cat. It was then we had to put them outside in an enclosure. I think these people could have tried that as a solution. It probably would have been better on the cat than having to adjust to another family. I think there was probably some other reason. I hope the sweet boy gets a real home next time.