Shipping Ltci To Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

marzia

It's just me...
Kitten
Purraise
I'm desperately trying to get a box of LTCI shipped to Italy, but it seems almost impossible as it has to clear customs. Is there any member of the Cat Site who knows someone who's been able to get it into Europe that I can contact, even just to ask for info? If someone is receiving it regularly, I would be willing to pay for shipping from any European country!
Please don't suggest other products, I've already tried them all. This is the last one on my list. I've been keeping up with the company for close to five years hoping they'd find an importer somewhere here in Europe, but they still haven't.
Any and all information would be well received!
Grazie di cuore!
Marzia (or Marcia to American friends and family)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any supply information for you but wish you luck in your search for treatment.

Have you talked about the treatment with your vet: if not they might know of some source, or even contact the nearest veterinary college to where you live and see if they know of any trials or anything. You never know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marzia

It's just me...
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have any supply information for you but wish you luck in your search for treatment.

Have you talked about the treatment with your vet: if not they might know of some source, or even contact the nearest veterinary college to where you live and see if they know of any trials or anything. You never know.
Thanks for responding. Yes, I've spoken to my vet, who read the material on the companies site. He's willing to give my cats (mom and son) the shots, and do all the follow ups... if I can get it here. Believe me, we've don everything else, in fact, both cats are still in pretty good shape. But, some of their values are starting to change, and the road is headed in that direction, so... Thanks again for your well wishes!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi marzia marzia ,
I didn't know anything about this product. How long has it been on the market?
Is it expensive? Do Italian vets know anything about it?
You can also PM me if you do not want to write some details publicly.
Thanks,
Antonio (from Italy too)

marzia

It's just me...
Kitten
Purraise
Hi marzia marzia ,
I didn't know anything about this product. How long has it been on the market?
Is it expensive? Do Italian vets know anything about it?
You can also PM me if you do not want to write some details publicly.
Thanks,
Antonio (from Italy too)
Preferisci in Italiano oppure in Inglese?

marzia

It's just me...
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Antonio!
I'm also Italian, and though I presently live near Lecco, I grew up in Upstate New York, so I'm bilingual. :)
I'll give you an overview in the forum just in case there are other Italian members who might be looking for the product. Yes you can message me in private for specific details whenever you want!
I have two Felv cats, mom Notte (who's black), and her son Batti Cinque. I have 8 cats in total at the moment... I rounded up all the un-spayed and un-neutered cats and kittens in my neighborhood, and had them operated. They have since become mine. ;) Notte and Batti Cinque as I stated above, are unfortunately infected with Felv. LTCI is an injectable "aid". I really can't call it a medication as it hasn't been approved as such. It's one of the only products that I've come across that in certain cases has worked, and worked well. Though Notte is still in pretty good shape, her blood values have started to alter a little, and I think this is probably our "last beach", if I can get a hold of it. She's having a little trouble with her kidneys, but it's been brought under control with subcutaneous fluid therapy. I give her 180mls every night, and she also takes Semintra to keep the proteins in check. This has got her going again! She eats a vet diet (è molto golosa!) and she's a very good weight. She doesn't have any gingivitis, and her fur is still beautiful. In fact, my vet says that if didn't know she was a Felv cat, you couldn't tell by her appearance. That said... her platelets are going down so... I'm looking for anyone in Italy who was able to have the LTCI shipped to Italy without it being blocked in customs. I'm in contact with the company, and I'm trying other avenues, like through Switzerland (I've already contacted the pharmacy in Chiasso). At the moment though... I'm at a standstill...

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you're talking about the Farmacia Internazionale in Chiasso (Switzerland), where generally some "uncommon" meds are readily available to Italian citizens without too many questions asked.
It seems that the problem is the customs, so.

Have you already got hold of the product in the past? Or this is the first attempt?
Whenever I had to do with shippings from US, both on-line purchases or gifts from friends over there, I had my package opened, checked and taxed accordingly, so I don't think there's a shortcut, unless someone is travelling to US and bringing it back in their baggages.

This could be an interesting resource, provided that it can be sold in Europe too.

I live near Turin, as you can read in my profile, and currently I have only one cat who luckily has different problems than FIV or FeLV, but I had a cat who had both, and another cat who died a year ago who had FIV, but she died from cancer, that the vet told me was likely induced by her FIV condition.
So I think this is interesting.

I will PM you later.
Thanks!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Looking through some old threads for FIV cats I notice that access to LTC! seems to have been a difficulty for a good couple of years and I didn't read of any solution found with regards the importing.

This makes me think even more that checking out with any vet schools, or universities who might conduct related research, might be the best bet. If nothing else they might know some of the process you would have to go through to try and import. At best they might know of a trial in Italy and point you in that direction.

Wishing you all luck for your cats in Italy. Your 8 cats are very lucky to have been found by you marzia marzia .

marzia

It's just me...
Kitten
Purraise
Looking through some old threads for FIV cats I notice that access to LTC! seems to have been a difficulty for a good couple of years and I didn't read of any solution found with regards the importing.

This makes me think even more that checking out with any vet schools, or universities who might conduct related research, might be the best bet. If nothing else they might know some of the process you would have to go through to try and import. At best they might know of a trial in Italy and point you in that direction.

Wishing you all luck for your cats in Italy. Your 8 cats are very lucky to have been found by you marzia marzia .
Thank you! Will take a look into that as well!

Ivek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm desperately trying to get a box of LTCI shipped to Italy, but it seems almost impossible as it has to clear customs. Is there any member of the Cat Site who knows someone who's been able to get it into Europe that I can contact, even just to ask for info? If someone is receiving it regularly, I would be willing to pay for shipping from any European country!
Please don't suggest other products, I've already tried them all. This is the last one on my list. I've been keeping up with the company for close to five years hoping they'd find an importer somewhere here in Europe, but they still haven't.
Any and all information would be well received!
Grazie di cuore!
Marzia (or Marcia to American friends and family)
Dear Marzia I have the same problem!!
My cat is 9 years old, has FIV that just acctivated or she caught something else with it, she has severe anemia, HTC 9%, hemoglobin 2g/dl, yesterday she was ready to pass away and this morning I arranged a blood transfusion which has never been done in this clinic before and in my country it s not being done and he miraculously is still alive, even started eating. My point is I tried getting LTCI shipped to Croatia-European member and the Ministry of Agriculture basically told me I cant.

Ivek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear Marzia I have the same problem!!
My cat is 9 years old, has FIV that just acctivated or she caught something else with it, she has severe anemia, HTC 9%, hemoglobin 2g/dl, yesterday she was ready to pass away and this morning I arranged a blood transfusion which has never been done in this clinic before and in my country it s not being done and he miraculously is still alive, even started eating. My point is I tried getting LTCI shipped to Croatia-European member and the Ministry of Agriculture basically told me I cant.
Blood transfusion is just an aid to keep him alive and hopefully this cat is a match and he wont have a reaction to her blood by tomorrow. I want to try LTCi desperately, I even contacted vet school in the capital asking for a trial, however there are strict regulations needed to be passed. Also T cyte hasnt given me the informations I asked them to fullfil the form for Ministry of Agriculture to even consider giving me an approval which was shady of them. My sister lives in Canada and the vets there said it s not approved there and cant prescribe. We need someone in the US to bring it with them, there s no other option!

zirafa23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ivek, Mariza, I'm trying same thing from Serbia. On Monday I will check country regulations, I hope something can be done...

Ivek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ivek, Mariza, I'm trying same thing from Serbia. On Monday I will check country regulations, I hope something can be done...
Hi zirafa23, unfortunately my cat passed away after having a trombus in her mesenteric artery as a result od transfusion reaction the second time around. The donor was blood type A like my Ivek but the MiK didnt match this time. It was all in the effort of waiting for LTCI to come. Im devastated because 2 weeks after he died I finally received my 10 LTCI pack that my sister brought home from Canada after her friend from New York ordered it. I never got to try it. Im willing to give 5 dosages to someone who needs it if they com here to pick it up because it wont work by post, customs can create problems. If someone wants to buy 5 dosage by the same price I paid it let me know. The other 5 dosages I will keep in case my other cats get sick but in the meantime if someone needs it urgently like we did, contact me.
Ivek, Mariza, I'm trying same thing from Serbia. On Monday I will check country regulations, I hope something can

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I'm so, so sorry.

RIP sweet baby cat, you fought the good fight. You are now where there's no pain and there are no struggles any longer, and you have your grace and beauty and strength back again. :rbheart:

Ivek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If anybody in Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia or anyone else traveling to Croatia maybe wants to buy LTCI since my cat passed away before I could give him the LTCI I have 2 packs of 10 dosages(total 20).
I will not charge shipping, just the value they charged me. I thought about keeping at least 10 dosages for my other cats if they get sick but if someone is in urgent need I will give that too.
IMG_20181012_111656.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.