Shih tzu isn’t acting normal

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys need some expert advice, so I have a 10 month old female shih tzu, she’s around 5 kgs and very active normally. But since around three days she’s become very sad lethargic she won’t dance around as much but she still eats the foods she likes, she drinks and she does walk around from place to place but she’s become very inactive and due to the current pandemic where I live all the vets are closed and I’m really worried please help.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could you try to phone your vet? Hopefully they do answer on questions on telephone, and know what to follow up questions to give.

Sandkita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys need some expert advice, so I have a 10 month old female shih tzu, she’s around 5 kgs and very active normally. But since around three days she’s become very sad lethargic she won’t dance around as much but she still eats the foods she likes, she drinks and she does walk around from place to place but she’s become very inactive and due to the current pandemic where I live all the vets are closed and I’m really worried please help.

Sandkita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there.. stressful situation.. Would she have a tick bite? Lethargy is a first sign of a tick bite...there must be an emergency number to call? Can you call your vet and see if there is an emergency contact you can get in touch with?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could you try to phone your vet? Hopefully they do answer on questions on telephone, and know what to follow up questions to give.
Definitely, thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there.. stressful situation.. Would she have a tick bite? Lethargy is a first sign of a tick bite...there must be an emergency number to call? Can you call your vet and see if there is an emergency contact you can get in touch with?
She did have a tick on a day or two ago, but I removed it, we get a lot of them here but I’ve never had problems with them, since where I live we don’t have the type of ticks that would cause Lyme disease.

millamokus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She did have a tick on a day or two ago, but I removed it, we get a lot of them here but I’ve never had problems with them, since where I live we don’t have the type of ticks that would cause Lyme disease.
very late answer but i just want to tell you how deaseses transmit from ticks (just to remind about the process so you can take notes in the future). when ill tick bites it is okay only if you remove it in the first hour (the most safe time). tick is hanging on its prey for 30 minutes, then bites and starts to cut skin (20 minutes) and only after that starts to suck blood. however my teacher told us that ticks spray their drooling only on the second day. in short, it bites and hangs with his mouth on the first day, then starts to suck blood and hours later on the second day drills its proboscis with infected drooling. so ticks are much slower than we think. i ended vet courses in moscow vet academy and believe my teacher.. but anyway, be careful. i hope that your dog is okay <з
i recommend giving pills each 3 months, something like "simparica". im giving my dog one tablet each season. if tick bites, it falls down poisoned (with no chance to infect), so you can just pick and throw it away. and no other insects on your pet. i usually pay 25$ for 3 pills. totally worth it! and again - be safe! :bluepaw: