She's been bringing me gifts...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

Picasso would put her toy mice on my pillow.. does that count? lol.

Monet once caught a huge cockroach indoors and put that by my bedroom doorway. At least I know he'd control them for me!

Now THAT is true love.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Straycat was the best gift-giver ever. He regularly brought home bags of meat or lunch meat stolen from supermarket parking lots, and a couple of neighborhood guinea pigs got brought home with broken necks. He really outdid himself one time and brought home a koi (which was luckily insured).

That's so cool! What a character - so inventive!

(Not cool is the part about the poor guinea pigs, though, poor babies.
)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallaround

I get the normal birds/mice from my outside guys and crickets in the sunroom, but my favorite is Corys hunting....he brings my clothes up the steps and leaves them outside my bedroom door. he takes them from the laundry basket.

And my husband doesnt understand why I just dont put the clothes in a hamper with a top on it or shut the bathroom door so he cant get in to them in the first place. I think its so cute and would HATE to interupt our game
I know exactly what you mean.
Why ruin such a good thing?

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are indoor cats, and Wesley doesn't bring gifts, but Buttercup always brings me her favorite giant blue mouse when I'm sleeping.

Last week I left the closet cracked open though, and she got access to my basket of socks. Had four bundled socks and one loose sock brought to me in the vicinity of her usual mouse gift. I suppose its the thought that counts.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

Mine are indoor cats, and Wesley doesn't bring gifts, but Buttercup always brings me her favorite giant blue mouse when I'm sleeping.

Last week I left the closet cracked open though, and she got access to my basket of socks. Had four bundled socks and one loose sock brought to me in the vicinity of her usual mouse gift. I suppose its the thought that counts.
Well, that's what I figured when I looked at that back end of a poor little dead baby bunny!

It's love that counts the most, and they love us and show us. Isn't that just the best?!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia is more of a physical lover rather then gift giving
. Last weekend I slept over my friend Eric's and hung out with his kitty Bear while he was away. I freaked when I found 2 large dead waterbugs 'very large roaches' at the foot of the bed! Grateful they were dead, but still
........ Come to find out that Bear regularly catches, kills, and delivers them at the foot of the bed
. This is very cute, however the fact that there are such bugs in his place....not so cute!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hazel's kittens often leave us headless cicadas on the mat in front of our front door.

Thomas likes to dig the little handheld plastic dental floss/picks out of the bathroom trashcan and leave them in the water bowl. Does that count, or is he just saving them for later? He likes to do that with q-tips also.
Those are the only things I have ever seen him play with.