She's been bringing me gifts...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sissycat really appreciates all I have done for her, giving her a shelter space on my front porch with a comforter inside it, keeping it warm for her on cold nights with a heated disc, putting out water for her and daily meals she can always count on.

She tells me so by bringing me little gifts once in a while, and she is never selfish about it.

Just this week she brought me the best half of a baby bunny - the haunches.
And of course, she left the guts intact for me.

It was lying on my welcome mat directly below my front door where she hangs out and I would be sure to find it.

Aren't I lucky to have such a good little huntress who shows me how much she loves me?

What do YOUR outdoor kitties do to show you that they love and appreciate you?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWW! My RB girl Tiger used to bring home mice. She was indoor/outdoor. Eventually my RB girl Glory became indoor/outdoor too; but she never left the yard. She had spots in the flower bed she would hang out in. We used to keep the garage door up just enough for them to come under it. I'd let them in the house for food in the morning if they had been out. Well one morning I opend the door to find a snake there!! It was a baby garter snake!! Both cats were sitting there looking quite proud! Fortunately it was still alive and my mother managed to put it out in the field behind the house!

When I was really little my RB girl Tinsel used to bring my mother cricket legs! In bed of course. Our apartment was right next to the boiler room so we figured that was why we always had them coming in our place.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sissycat must be a good hunter
poor bunny

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our cats aren't outside, but our RB Hydrox, the Old Coot, was great at catching the field mice that made it into the house. I've posted the stories about him, so won't bore you all with the details again, but that boy was a great mouse catcher (and eater!).

I remember when Whisper was still outside and she had brought a litter of kittens over to us. She nestled them in the ferns at the top of the driveway and DH put a blue tarp over the litter, so they'd stay dry and comfy. (At that point, we hadn't thought about bringing Whisper or the litter into the house; we were just trying to make sure they were all comfortable in the ferns. I know.....bad Pam!) Anyway, Whisper would go out into the field and cripple a mouse or chipmunk. Then she'd bring it back to the kittens, so they could learn how to kill. She was an excellent hunter.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, she's grateful to you!

Jamie likes to gift live bats. He catches them on the balcony and brings them downstairs so that we can enjoy watching them fly around the living room in panic. We show our gratitude by making him get a rabies vaccination although he only goes outside on a leash.

Straycat was the best gift-giver ever. He regularly brought home bags of meat or lunch meat stolen from supermarket parking lots, and a couple of neighborhood guinea pigs got brought home with broken necks. He really outdid himself one time and brought home a koi (which was luckily insured).

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My RB cat Jenny used to do that! She was one of the first of our barn cat colony at the farm. She'd bring all sorts of "goodies" to us... mice, rats, moles, birds, rabbits...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One cat I think it might have been RB Bobber left the head of a rabbit on the middle of the step going into the garage. The head was pointed towards the door! Creepy.....
(at least I hope it was one of the cats.)

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Picasso would put her toy mice on my pillow.. does that count? lol.

Monet once caught a huge cockroach indoors and put that by my bedroom doorway. At least I know he'd control them for me!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

Picasso would put her toy mice on my pillow.. does that count? lol.
I have something similiar to tell. Sweetie is an indoor only cat who gives me "gifts" by hiding them way down inside my shoes. One time he left a really small toy mouse, and just the other day he left a small plastic door stop that he enjoys playing with for me to find. I never discover these items until I put my shoes on just before I leave for work.
So I'm really glad Sweetie doesn't have any way of catching live prey!

Sorry for being OT.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG that poor little bunny!! I know, it is just crazy
what our cats think we will appreciate
. My feral's don't come anywhere near my house and run at the sight of me
. They bring me nothing..... My indoor cats bring their toys to me at night and when I wake up in the morning, I have a few toys on the floor and some on my bed

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

He really outdid himself one time and brought home a koi (which was luckily insured).
This made me laugh so hard!

People who raise koi are so serious about them and koi can range in price in the thousands! Meanwhile I can just imagine Straycat thinking, "Oh that would make a pretty gift!"

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the normal birds/mice from my outside guys and crickets in the sunroom, but my favorite is Corys hunting....he brings my clothes up the steps and leaves them outside my bedroom door. he takes them from the laundry basket.

And my husband doesnt understand why I just dont put the clothes in a hamper with a top on it or shut the bathroom door so he cant get in to them in the first place. I think its so cute and would HATE to interupt our game

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by aprilyim

This made me laugh so hard!

People who raise koi are so serious about them and koi can range in price in the thousands! Meanwhile I can just imagine Straycat thinking, "Oh that would make a pretty gift!"
It was worth close to a thousand. There was an exhibition in the next town, and the koi were in an indoor fountain. He had to go into the entrance hall to grab the fish, which really astounded us, because he wasn't tame.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallaround

I get the normal birds/mice from my outside guys and crickets in the sunroom, but my favorite is Corys hunting....he brings my clothes up the steps and leaves them outside my bedroom door. he takes them from the laundry basket.

And my husband doesnt understand why I just dont put the clothes in a hamper with a top on it or shut the bathroom door so he cant get in to them in the first place. I think its so cute and would HATE to interupt our game
My DAUGHTER does this.
Well, not during the night...she's still crib contained!
Originally Posted by jcat

It was worth close to a thousand. There was an exhibition in the next town, and the koi were in an indoor fountain. He had to go into the entrance hall to grab the fish, which really astounded us, because he wasn't tame.
Crazy cat!! That's amazing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

AWW! My RB girl Tiger used to bring home mice. She was indoor/outdoor. Eventually my RB girl Glory became indoor/outdoor too; but she never left the yard. She had spots in the flower bed she would hang out in. We used to keep the garage door up just enough for them to come under it. I'd let them in the house for food in the morning if they had been out. Well one morning I opend the door to find a snake there!! It was a baby garter snake!! Both cats were sitting there looking quite proud! Fortunately it was still alive and my mother managed to put it out in the field behind the house!
Yay for the snakie still being alive!

And
about them looking proud: When I picked it up on cardboard to dispose of it, I showed it to Sissy and asked her if that was a present from her to me. Her response was to rub her cheek once, slowly, on each side of the cardbord.

Talk about proud!

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

When I was really little my RB girl Tinsel used to bring my mother cricket legs! In bed of course. Our apartment was right next to the boiler room so we figured that was why we always had them coming in our place.
CRICKET LEGS?!?!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

Our cats aren't outside, but our RB Hydrox, the Old Coot, was great at catching the field mice that made it into the house. I've posted the stories about him, so won't bore you all with the details again, but that boy was a great mouse catcher (and eater!).

I remember when Whisper was still outside and she had brought a litter of kittens over to us. She nestled them in the ferns at the top of the driveway and DH put a blue tarp over the litter, so they'd stay dry and comfy. (At that point, we hadn't thought about bringing Whisper or the litter into the house; we were just trying to make sure they were all comfortable in the ferns. I know.....bad Pam!) Anyway, Whisper would go out into the field and cripple a mouse or chipmunk. Then she'd bring it back to the kittens, so they could learn how to kill. She was an excellent hunter.
WOW, that is so awesome, so loving - and yet so brutal! Definitely shows the true nature of our sweet furry babies: they are all prey animals, and darned good at it.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

I have something similiar to tell. Sweetie is an indoor only cat who gives me "gifts" by hiding them way down inside my shoes. One time he left a really small toy mouse, and just the other day he left a small plastic door stop that he enjoys playing with for me to find. I never discover these items until I put my shoes on just before I leave for work.
So I'm really glad Sweetie doesn't have any way of catching live prey!

Sorry for being OT.
That's not that far off topic - I know I asked about outdoor kitty gifts, but I love hearing about the indoor kitty gifts too - they are a lot more funny!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

OMG that poor little bunny!! I know, it is just crazy
what our cats think we will appreciate
. My feral's don't come anywhere near my house and run at the sight of me
. They bring me nothing..... My indoor cats bring their toys to me at night and when I wake up in the morning, I have a few toys on the floor and some on my bed
Baby Bonnie brings me her little stuffed cats and "her" feather wands. When I clean my bedroom there are always a hoard of little stuffed cats (bought in quantity of about 10 on an impulse for $1 each at Target a few years back, no one loved them until Baby Bonnie found them.
) under my bed, far back underneath in the center, against the wall, at the headboard.