Shelter cat is broken and super depressed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VAMama

Cosette's maid
Adult Cat
Purraise
How is she doing on grooming herself and using the cat box?
Much better! Since her mouth is healed she is more able to use her mouth. She meows, gives herself baths, all the normal cat stuff. She has a weak bladder so we have to be careful with anxiety. Other than that she's a perfectly normal cat now.

She still stays under the couch most of the time. However we can reach in there to pet her. She's slowly more willing to come to the edge and look out.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Another milestone. Today after breakfast she stayed out for a while.

View attachment 478774
OMGosh!! Cosette looks so happy! content, and at peace!! I am loving this picture!! not long now before she stays out.. only to go under the sofa when she feels she needs a 'safe' spot!! ❤

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless you VAMama VAMama you are TRULY a lifesaver. We didn't see our Bob for weeks after we adopted him. He lived under the sofa and came out when we went to sleep. Probably difficult, since I am a night person. know from animal control that he came from a hoarding situation and wasn't adjusting well there, but not much else. Now he is the happiest creature in the world. The only thing I can't really do is pick him up. He loves attention. He was younger than your girl, so that could be why he began warming up to us sooner.