Sheldon needs a miracle to survive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's great that Sheldon's home again. I hope he continues to improve.

With eating, have you tried getting his favourite food and hand feeding bite by bite? That usually helps get them going again. If that isn't enough, it can help to take a tiny bit of food and put it onto his tongue. Sometimes getting them to taste the food is enough to stimulate the desire to eat. You may still have to hand feed. I hold the food in my fingers instead of on my flat palm. Its the best ways I've found of getting sick cats to eat.

Good luck and good :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

mphscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!!! I am soooo glad to hear he's better! Keep on fighting, Shel! You can beat this!!!

mphscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And one suggestion...if I can't get them to eat baby food , next resource is sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on it. That one thing has ALWAYS worked for me either when we lived in Italy or here.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so good to hear that was able to go home. I hope he continues to improve!! Hang in there, Sheldon!! You can do it baby!!  Sending you lots of love, hugs and tons of good vibes that you make it through this!! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy to hear that your darling Shel is home now and I hope that today he is feeling a bit better continuing to improve. I bet the Azith may be causing his appetite to be dull. :nod: Hopefully Wednesday when he finished the antibiotic his good appetite will return.

VIBES VIBES AND MORE that his HCT holds and even better IMPROVES and that his meds do the job to make him better. :cross: :hugs: :rub: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

We went for the hematocrit recheck this morning. He's steady at 15%. As the problem is IN his bone marrow, we're stopping the antibiotic and upping the pred to 15mg.

Notably, this morning he ATE - on his own! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm sure stopping the antibiotic is going to help there too. :cross: (Knock wood!)

Thank you for the good thoughts and vibes for Shel! Little by little..... :heart2:

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One step at a time...

and [emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji] for his holding his own...

Sending hungry and healing vibes....

Lisa

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

We went for the hematocrit recheck this morning. He's steady at 15%. As the problem is IN his bone marrow, we're stopping the antibiotic and upping the pred to 15mg.

Notably, this morning he ATE - on his own!
I'm sure stopping the antibiotic is going to help there too.
(Knock wood!)

Thank you for the good thoughts and vibes for Shel! Little by little.....
YAY!! Go Sheldon!!!  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woo: Oh wow. Good for Sheldon :clap:
I hope he carries on improving. Tons of get well soon vibes
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs: to you both. Come on Sheldon ...you can get through this :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:bawling: :sobbing: :bawling: :sobbing:

Sheldon didn't get his miracle. He had a good day yesterday. This morning he stumbled into the bedroom and laid down. He was having trouble breathing, and he was shaking. I ran to the vet.

He was put on oxygen. I came home to get Gary so he could see Sheldon. Shel was put on IV fluids in the oxygen tent. We went home ... to wait. To wait and see. He perked up enough to eat a little bit at one point this afternoon.

I went to pick him up this evening. But just getting him ready to go was enough. Just moving him again. The vet brought him out to me on a blanket, and he was having difficulty breathing. He was passing.

I called Gary. And Gary was on the phone with me while Sheldon died in my arms.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Run free, Shel. I'm so glad you were never in pain. :rbheart:

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my gosh, I am so so sorry to hear this. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your sweet Sheldon. [emoji]128554[/emoji][emoji]128554[/emoji]

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Sheldon didn't get his miracle. He had a good day yesterday. This morning he stumbled into the bedroom and laid down. He was having trouble breathing, and he was shaking. I ran to the vet.

He was put on oxygen. I came home to get Gary so he could see Sheldon. Shel was put on IV fluids in the oxygen tent. We went home ... to wait. To wait and see. He perked up enough to eat a little bit at one point this afternoon.

I went to pick him up this evening. But just getting him ready to go was enough. Just moving him again. The vet brought him out to me on a blanket, and he was having difficulty breathing. He was passing.

I called Gary. And Gary was on the phone with me while Sheldon died in my arms.

Run free, Shel. I'm so glad you were never in pain.
I'm so sorry to hear that. Rest in peace sweet Sheldon.

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh Laurie I'm so sorry to hear this, I was praying he would pull through this and enjoy some more time with you and Gary.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you during this difficult time.

RIP Shelton

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, LDG. It's like Sheldon waited until you got there, to pass in your arms.  My thoughts and prayers will be with you, your husband and entire fur crew.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   Laurie, I am so incredibly sorry. I thought of Sheldon every day since this all started, and I am exceedingly sad to read this.

The little guy fought hard with such caring parents fighting hard with him along the way. 
  I will be thinking of you all during this time of loss.

Rest in peace, Sheldon. 

Status
Not open for further replies.