Shedding

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey All,

It is still the dead of winter, in Massachusetts, where I am located.

Question:
Wondering if anyone else is finding their cat is currently shedding their fur?

It is still cold out there; however, I saw a huge fly on the balcony, the other day!!

Wondering if the strange fluctuations in temperatures are effecting my cat's normal shedding cycle?

If any of you guys remember the Peanuts Cartoon, Well, PigPen is a really accurate description of Artie.. Everywhere he goes, there is a cloud of fluff left.....

Artie has a ton of issues, but just wondering about the shedding...

thanks

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Honestly this weather is ridiculous. For instance, zero degrees on Monday and supposedly it'll reach nearly 70 today. Anyway, we had a long run of daytime as well as nighttime higher than normal temps a few weeks ago, and I had everything from flies and wasps and a bee ): show up, and birds starting to build nests (!) and my lilac bushes and the ash tree were beginning to bud. AACK!! Anyway, the Big Guy isn't quite like Artie but yes, there's hair all over the place lately especially after he's had one of his wild midnight sessions with his mousie :popworm:

lookitsria

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A little behind you but I searched for 'shedding' today because Sasha is start to shed really bad. I was giving her a scratch and gave her hair a little light tug and so much hair came out! She's been itchy because of dry skin. Today she let me pull at her hair for like 20 minutes and I ended up with a huge hair fluff to toss in the trash. I wanted to keep going because I don't want her ingesting too much of it and getting hairballs! But she wanted to nap. She only tolerates the brush for a short time but is much better if I am petting her and removing the shedding hair that way. Silly kitty.