shedding tool for sofa ??

mupcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry couldn't think of how to title the subject. I wonder if anyone has the "perfect" tool for getting the cat hair off of furniture. I just purchased one of the rolling lint things but after about two swipes I have to tear the top sheet off and start again and so on and so forth plus it doesn't do a very good job anyway. There must be a better tool or a better method.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions,
Mupcat

ceehorne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have lots of Persians and they really only get hair on their cat furniture. I use a combination of the vacuum and my hand to rub it off.
Denise

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a lint remover brush and it seems to work pretty good. It can be a bit tricky though. I picked it up at Walmart for around 3 or 4 bucks and you can use it over & over. You might give this a try! Here's a picture of what they look like. Also they are usually in the section with clothes hangers and moth balls..in case if you didn't know where to look.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a hard hair horse brush that you use on horses during their shedding season. Works great!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mupcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks all for your suggestions. Never thought of a horse brush hissy, that's great! I'll try it.

Shell, I almost got the lint brush but thought it felt too soft (?) for the hair......maybe not though sounds like it works for you.

ceehome, I did try the small hand vaccuum but it wasn't strong enough The sofa that has the problem is chenille and seems to hold on to the hair and doesn't let go!

Vicki, that's so true about the moisture and rolling it into a ball--had forgotten that works. Been a long time since I've had an indoor cat and the last one didn't shed much at all so didn't have the problem.

Thanks again everyone,
Mupcat

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mupcat,
It does look kind of deceiving. It feels soft, but if you rub your hand against the grain it become rough and that is how it picks up the hair. To remove the hair, you just rub with the grain and it all comes off. Just thought I'd let you know!
Good luck!