Sheba Cat Food?

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ive read some of the threads on here about the Sheba Perfect Portions but haven’t found the answers I’m really looking for. Is Sheba really grain free? Does it have a healthy amount of protein? It’s on sale for super cheap at Target right now and I want to pick up a few of them for those days I run out of wet cans and can’t make it to the pet store. Thanks in advance!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

I think you'll be ok :)

According to chewy 's description there's no grain, corn, wheat gluten or soy.

The crude protein is 7 percent (which is more than royal canin) and the first 5 and 6 ingredients are meat depending on the variety.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I think you'll be ok :)

The crude protein is 7 percent (which is more than royal canin) and the first 5 and 6 ingredients are meat depending on the variety.
Thank you!

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I will have to take a look at Sheba then. I did try a box last year and the cats did eat it but I wasn't sure if it was "good" so didn't add it into the regular rotation. But to have on hand for those times where something happens and you are out of catfood- I think it's perfectly acceptable to have some back-up cans.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them, although I wish they were easier to open because I wind up spilling some liquid half the time. My troop recommends the roasted turkey pate (light green label) :clapcat:
Our two cats also really like the roast turkey. And, like you, I also really hate opening those dumb little containers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went ahead and got 10 of the Sheba’s yesterday and some more of the normal wet food Esco eats for dinner (blue wilderness). When I got home my boyfriend told me I’m not allowed to buy anymore cat food until we’re close to running out because we have a mountain of it. He said I’m a not just a crazy cat lady but a crazy cat food lady:cool:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went ahead and got 10 of the Sheba’s yesterday and some more of the normal wet food Esco eats for dinner (blue wilderness). When I got home my boyfriend told me I’m not allowed to buy anymore cat food until we’re close to running out because we have a mountain of it. He said I’m a not just a crazy cat lady but a crazy cat food lady:cool:
LOL, join the club, and I've been told that too :)
Yes, that's kind of the standard (initial) response to stocking up on food. It seems like most of them eventually come around, though, when they see you never run out. :lol:

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Sheba Chicken pate and Turkey pate were actually the first wet foods that gave me some hope that my cat would transition ok to canned food after being on dry only for 12 years. That was a few months back now. He actually took to the chicken a little better but in the transition (more like cold turkey), I found he had a problem with chicken. At any rate, it turns out that we found a couple other canned foods that he likes better and I feel a little better about. But I still have some of the Sheba and tried a portion a couple days ago. He ate about half of it so he's luke warm on it now that some time has passed. If he liked it better I wouldn't have a problem feeding it as one of his meals. But it's really not that much less expensive than the foods he prefers. At least not if I only fed it as one of his daily meals.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sheba is like the only thing I can buy locally that my picky kitty inhales! I wish they came in 3 oz cans though, those trays are handy sometimes but a can would be better! That's my only gripe