She Shed Pictures (from the Outside)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Coming around the side of the driveway to the shed. You can see where the end is not finished. We need more stones to finish it.

OutsideOne.jpg

OutsideTwo.jpg

We painted the deck light and dark grey. I like it. Unfortunately the birds do, too. We're dealing with bird poop on a regular basis.
OutsideThree.jpg

This is Roland. Once we get the end area completed, Darius will live on the other side at the rain spout.
OutsideFour.jpg

Trex plantation rocking chair. They finally came in from Lowes.
OutsideFive.jpg

Front of the shed. Once cooler weather (and hopefully more rainy weather) gets here, we're going to plant grass.
OutsideSix.jpg

Meet Hamm! I think he's pretty cute. I really like the paw print solar lights. We can no longer find the paw print stepping stones that I wanted. We have two stones in the flower bed in the back yard. I tried to take them, but got caught. Dear Richard was not amused.
OutsideSeven.jpg

The little patio. I'm keeping the Christmas cactus and the corn plant out there for now. When it gets windy and really rainy, I take them inside.
OutsideEight.jpg

This is the northern end and, again, we're not finished with the edging. Need to plant grass here, too.
OutsideNine.jpg

My Dad made this Adirondack chair. I love it. We've had it for years and years now. And I really wanted it on the patio.
OutsideTen.jpg

Just another front view. I got the hosta from around the yard. While it doesn't look all that great right now, I think it will come back next year. There's already new growth coming up around each plant.

Rick and I were sitting out on the deck this afternoon. He's calling it our "old folks deck" because of the rocking chairs. It's hard to believe that this was once just trees and grass. Now it seems like the shed was always here. We picked the perfect spot! Thanks for looking!
OutsideEleven.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Pam, it's stunning. I would love to live in a she shed if there could be a bathroom and kitchen.
It's just perfect!! I love the rocking chair. It's a vacation home and you can walk to it!💖

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! I'm thrilled with it. I love our she/we shed. Still work to do with the stones and edging, but we'll get there. Next spring, I'll work more on plants and flowers. But for now, we're good.

debbila debbila The size of the she shed is 12 x 20, which is larger than our living room. Our house is really small.
Mia6 Mia6 No running water at all. I'm OK with that (although I may have issues running to the bathroom when I get older). Had we been able to do the second floor, I'd have gone with a toilet and sink upstairs. I couldn't afford a second floor.....well, I could afford the floor itself, but not all the insulation and finishing. That would have taken me well over budget. And there are two rocking chairs on the deck. They're really comfortable. For a while now, Rick and I had been talking about putting a swing or something under the silver maple, just a place to go to sit and talk and relax. Well, now we have the deck.
game misconduct game misconduct That tree is a silver maple, which is a bit on the fragile side. We wouldn't put a swing on it. We had two silver maples; the other one was in the same side yard, but we lost it when it was hit by lightning during a bad thunderstorm. It's a beautiful tree, but it loses a lot of branches during gusty winds. It needs a good trimming again.

As it is, I came in under my budget by about $1,000. I knew what I wanted to spend and kept meticulous track of the money. Rick was surprised; he thought I'd go completely crazy and there were times when I got a few raised eyebrows when I'd suggest something. But overall, he was good with it. He paid for the deck to the shed; that was my Christmas present last year. It did raise our electric bill and it also increased our homeowners' insurance as well as our property taxes, but not really all that much.

Oh, and Socrates, the Gargoyle Thinker, should move in sometime around mid-September or so. He's on backorder. From Toscano. I really love gargoyles and have wanted him for a long time! He'll live outside during the summer, but move into the shed for the winter.
Socrates Gargoyle Thinker Statue DB383050 - Design Toscano

Thanks so much for your kind words! We really love the we shed!