She looks like a baby fox!

KittyMamaTeri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Resized_20200204_133653(1).jpeg

I'd really love to know what breed she resembles. She is a tuxedo cat (white from chin to tummy), but she has white toes, with pink and brown pads, dark brown points and nose, and chocolate coat with caramel tips... I've never seen anything like her. She's 7-9 weeks, almost feral, but socializing nicely, still waiting for our other cats to warm up to her. Look forward to hearing your thoughts! 😸

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are those hairs dark at the root and light at the tip? I think she might have either a fever coat growing out, or a discolored coat from weather exposure or poor nutrition. You may have to wait and see to find out her true color.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pink and brown pads, eh? The probability is high, she is a tortie [with white]. Ie, she should have some reddish / creme hairs somewhere...
If she seems to have rest of fever coat, we perhaps wont see it clearly now, but will find clearly in a couple of months more.

Who knows, maybe even these big fields of rusty brown are really her reddish places?? We shall see with time.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tortie was my first thought also, but looking closely at the pictures, the reddish hairs appear to be darker at the base. That's how the OP describes the hairs as well ("chocolate with caramel tips").

Some pink pads would be expected, because she has white markings on her feet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyMamaTeri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all the comments. I will post more pix as she gets older. Her fur is definitely dark at the roots. It may be a fever coat, I will ask our vet what he thinks at our next visit, but time will give us the ultimate answer. =^.^=