She Finally Ate It!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, yesterday it was a first day when I fed my girl complete commercial frozen raw food only at every meal and she ate it all with pleasure. It took us several months to get there and there's still lot of work (she accepted one brand that I knew would be easiest for her) but I want her to eat other options that I have and the other cat eats. And the next step is homemade, so fingers crossed we'll get there sooner than later. I'm so happy I had to share :) Few years ago I'd never imagined that any topic related to raw meet will give me so much joy (as I'm vegetarian) but here we are.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
:yess: That’s terrific news! My girls have done so well since I switched them to raw almost a year and a half ago. I think you’ll see a difference.

I’m not a vegetarian, but handling raw meat is not my favorite thing to do. But it’s the right choice for my obligate carnivores so that’s what we do!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not a vegetarian, but handling raw meat is not my favorite thing to do. But it’s the right choice for my obligate carnivores so that’s what we do!
Same here! I don't like handling raw meat and the one thing I never liked about Rad Cat was looking at it, especially the chicken recipe. I have to say the little preportioned disks of Stella & Chewy's are wonderful because they're like little hockey pucks that retain their shape so they don't have that gloppy look. (All that said, of course I'd still rather feed the cats Rad Cat!)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Same here! I don't like handling raw meat and the one thing I never liked about Rad Cat was looking at it, especially the chicken recipe. I have to say the little preportioned disks of Stella & Chewy's are wonderful because they're like little hockey pucks that retain their shape so they don't have that gloppy look. (All that said, of course I'd still rather feed the cats Rad Cat!)
My special order of Stella’s Selects (the new one without bone) is supposed to come in tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they’ll eat it...reducing the amount of food I have to make and the amount of raw meat I have to handle! :)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My special order of Stella’s Selects (the new one without bone) is supposed to come in tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they’ll eat it...reducing the amount of food I have to make and the amount of raw meat I have to handle! :)
Oh, fingers crossed! Yes, that's the stuff I'm was referring to -- I'm really trying to cut the cats' bone intake and feel very fortunate (relieved, even!) that they love that new food. Yes, fingers crossed that your cats will love (or at least like) it, too!

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:yess:

Excellent!
It’s curious, and frustrating, how they’ll change their minds about what’s edible. :kneading:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yess:

Excellent!
It’s curious, and frustrating, how they’ll change their minds about what’s edible. :kneading:
I think it was mostly texture issue. She ate it in a weird manner, she was taking pieces out of the plate by her nail and ate it from the floor :D So i'm going to see how she likes the other brand that is really finely grounded. Although eventually I'd want them to eat the bigger pieces of meat to chew (for dental benefits).

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, that's excellent news. I always feel like vegetarians and vegans get a bit more extra credit for taking the raw leap because, despite your personal food choices, you truly understand the nature of a cat. :)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was mostly texture issue. She ate it in a weird manner, she was taking pieces out of the plate by her nail and ate it from the floor :D So i'm going to see how she likes the other brand that is really finely grounded. Although eventually I'd want them to eat the bigger pieces of meat to chew (for dental benefits).
One of our cats loves to pick pieces of food out of her dish and eat it on the floor. Or even carry it away -- it's like she's pretending she killed it herself or something. This is for chunky foods. (Or the hand-pulled meat I sometimes make for teh cats...)

Congratulations, that's excellent news. I always feel like vegetarians and vegans get a bit more extra credit for taking the raw leap because, despite your personal food choices, you truly understand the nature of a cat. :)
I agree! :hearthrob: